Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

France Footballs top 50 all time managers:

D19surPWwAMMAxb.jpg

Mourinho, Wenger, Ancelotti, Simeone, Benitez, Del Bosque and Hiddink should be much higher.

Klopp and Capello should be much lower and Conte and Bielsa shouldn't even be on the list.

Guest Howaythetoon

How is Sir Bobby lower than Simeone and Klopp? Sir bobby won trophies in 4 different countries, managed at international level, has a World Cup semi-final on his CV, won domestic and European silverware, was a manager over 4 decades, was renowned for developing youth, played attacking attractive football, managed some of the biggest and most diverse players in the world, is credited as being some kind of mentor/major influence to two current successful managers in Mourinho and Guardiola and is England’s most successful manager to have managed abroad. He first become a manager at a very young age, while still a player, and in Canada of all places. What he did at Ipswich was ground breaking at the time and globally, he has had such a big impact on the game. He should be much higher up than either Klopp or Simeone for starters and if Busby is listed so high Bobby should be above him as well.

Even without black and white tinted specs you've got to admit Bobby is one of if not the greatest English manager there has been.

For me he is the best ever English manager and I’d say because of that, second only to Fergie, if you include all home nation managers.

My own personal greatest ever is Clough, but it’s purely based on personal preference in the same way I’ll always rank KK higher than anyone else even if Rafa was to go on and win a few trophies with us.

Sir Bobby though is the undisputed GOAT English manager surely?

Guest firetotheworks

How is Sir Bobby lower than Simeone and Klopp? Sir bobby won trophies in 4 different countries, managed at international level, has a World Cup semi-final on his CV, won domestic and European silverware, was a manager over 4 decades, was renowned for developing youth, played attacking attractive football, managed some of the biggest and most diverse players in the world, is credited as being some kind of mentor/major influence to two current successful managers in Mourinho and Guardiola and is England’s most successful manager to have managed abroad. He first become a manager at a very young age, while still a player, and in Canada of all places. What he did at Ipswich was ground breaking at the time and globally, he has had such a big impact on the game. He should be much higher up than either Klopp or Simeone for starters and if Busby is listed so high Bobby should be above him as well.

Christ almighty. SBR ahead of Sir Matt Busby and Diego Simeone. Even for you that's ludicrous. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Even without black and white tinted specs you've got to admit Bobby is one of if not the greatest English manager there has been.

For me he is the best ever English manager and I’d say because of that, second only to Fergie, if you include all home nation managers.

My own personal greatest ever is Clough, but it’s purely based on personal preference in the same way I’ll always rank KK higher than anyone else even if Rafa was to go on and win a few trophies with us.

Sir Bobby though is the undisputed GOAT English manager surely?

Paisley

Guest Howaythetoon

Christ almighty. SBR ahead of Sir Matt Busby and Diego Simeone. Even for you that's ludicrous. :lol:

I’m not lieing when I say this but out of everyone on here, I just knew you of all people would be the most likely to reply to my comments and in the manner you have, it’s like I’ve personally offended you :lol:

Anyway...

I’d easily rank Sir Bobby higher than those two based on the totality of his career and his body of work which spans over 4 decades managing in 4 different countries winning league titles and domestic and European cup silverware, from Ipswich to Barcelona.

A career in management that also included a World Cup semi final and several tournament qualifications with England. What he achieved with Ipswich alone is more of an achievement than what Simeone has achieved with A.Madrid and while the legacy, influence and achievements of Busby are not in doubt, Sir Bobby’s was spread around the world at club and international level, domestically and in European competitions. Far succeeding whatever he achieved. Don’t be swayed by the romanticism of Munich...

He also ranks higher IMO because of his longevity, ability to work with players of any nationality and pedigree from Romario to Costa Helier and his ability to improve the games of veteran and younger players alike through coaching and man management and not the chequebook.

He ranks high on the example he set in terms of sportsmanship, fair play and his commitment to the traditions and values of the game and players, their development, encouraging youth, attacking football, entertaining fans, honouring contracts and his real true legacy, inspiring others to take up management. Mourinho and Guardiola all credit SBR as a massive influence and role model.

Simeone better than SBR howay man :lol: Busby at least merits debate...

Guest firetotheworks

I’m not lieing when I say this but out of everyone on here, I just knew you of all people would be the most likely to reply to my comments and in the manner you have, it’s like I’ve personally offended you :lol:

Anyway...

I’d easily rank Sir Bobby higher than those two based on the totality of his career and his body of work which spans over 4 decades managing in 4 different countries winning league titles and domestic and European cup silverware, from Ipswich to Barcelona.

A career in management that also included a World Cup semi final and several tournament qualifications with England. What he achieved with Ipswich alone is more of an achievement than what Simeone has achieved with A.Madrid and while the legacy, influence and achievements of Busby are not in doubt, Sir Bobby’s was spread around the world at club and international level, domestically and in European competitions. Far succeeding whatever he achieved. Don’t be swayed by the romanticism of Munich...

He also ranks higher IMO because of his longevity, ability to work with players of any nationality and pedigree from Romario to Costa Helier and his ability to improve the games of veteran and younger players alike through coaching and man management and not the chequebook.

He ranks high on the example he set in terms of sportsmanship, fair play and his commitment to the traditions and values of the game and players, their development, encouraging youth, attacking football, entertaining fans, honouring contracts and his real true legacy, inspiring others to take up management. Mourinho and Guardiola all credit SBR as a massive influence and role model.

Simeone better than SBR howay man :lol: Busby at least merits debate...

Neither merit debate because like I said it's ludicrous, but then you've been underappreciating players and managers on the continent forever on here. :lol: A quick glance at Simeone's honours, that's been largely accrued during Messi era Barca and Ronaldo era Real Madrid shows that it completely dwarfs SBR's honours. Daft that that even needs to be said. As for him being better than Sir Matt Busby, likewise and even more so.

Oblak

de Gea

ter Stegen

Alisson

Buffon = Courtois

They will all do well to reach the heights of Gigi Buffon, but if we're talking present-day...

Oblak

ter Stegen

De Gea

Allison

Buffon/Courtois (Although I think Ederson is equal to or better than these two so not sure why he's not on the list)

Ah 22.

Don’t agree with everything but the list seems fair.

You have those in there for influence (Bielsa). Longevity.  Cup wins. Style of play.

Feel like Conte brought back 3 at the back across Europe.  He certainly did for the PL. For that and his domestic success in Italy and England he’s worth his value in the top 50.

No sense getting bent out of shape about a list with FIFTY people and no clear way to objectively order them.

I love how angry people get at these things. They're a social media dream (always put the RM, FCB, Liv ones lower than they should be for extra outrage and shares).