Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

What's the most times 1st position in the Premier League era has changed teams?

Mainly due to the way the fixtures are at the moment but it feels like Man City and Liverpool are swapping every few days.

Let's all have a disco...

Is it? The first two lines work, "We've got Mirandinha, he's not from Argentina" but the last two don't really fit: "he's from Brazil, he's fucking brill". Or do you add an extra syllable in like most chants that involve Wembley do?

Let's all have a disco...

Is it? The first two lines work, "We've got Mirandinha, he's not from Argentina" but the last two don't really fit: "he's from Brazil, he's fucking brill". Or do you add an extra syllable in like most chants that involve Wembley do?

La-la-la-lah. La-la-la-lah.

It fits.

• 2 weeks later...

Which other clubs have fan groups that do displays like wor flags? Liverpool, Palace? Noticed Watford and Leicester have displays too but don’t know whether or not they’re done by the clubs themselves rather than the fans.

Guest neesy111

Can 7th in the PL ever qualify for Europe? Now that FA Cup losers don't qualify for Europe, if CL teams win the cups and no English teams with the European cups, does the final spot drop down to 7th?

Edit: 7th gets preference ahead of the losing finalists. More devaluation of the FA Cup then.  :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47806720

Don't buy that. You shouldn't reward failure which it does with finalists. 

Guest neesy111

Is finishing 7th not failure?

A team that finishes 7th is more worthy of a european place imo considering it's over a 38 game season.  I don't know of any other country that gave the runners up of their main cup competition a place in europe if the winner was already qualified.

Is finishing 7th not failure?

A team that finishes 7th is more worthy of a european place imo considering it's over a 38 game season.  I don't know of any other country that gave the runners up of their main cup competition a place in europe if the winner was already qualified.

7th is less than 2/3rds of the way up the table, it's not a massive success. I'd rather the cup finalists get it not only for merit but also because it might mean we don't just see the same teams in Europe all the time,give some lower teams a shot at it.

Although I think the place should go to the league, I dont agree with the rewarding failure argument. In the league you can lose a third of your games and still qualify. In the cup you would only be able to lose one out of at least 6 games - the final.

I guess finishing in 7th place is like winning the second league (behind the big 6)

Guest neesy111

When it was the old Cup Winner’s Cup the place went through the FA Cup even if they lost didn’t it? That’s how we played in it. I think it should revert back.

Well yes, as that is what we are discussing.

• 2 weeks later...