Fantasy Premier League Draft 2018/19

Kasper

So when does this kick off/ leagues get created?

Admin of each league will PM members to find a mutually agreeable draft time for the group's members, or the best possible for most. Those who can't make it get autodrafted and Froggy complains about it for the next season O0

So when does this kick off/ leagues get created?

Admin of each league will PM members to find a mutually agreeable draft time for the group's members, or the best possible for most. Those who can't make it get autodrafted and Froggy complains about it for the next season O0

Yeah but don't be scared by this. It doesn't sound too shit as the AI drafts based on your shortlist of players. And you can set the order too.

Guest chopey

I've had a go at this in the public leagues and my draft starts at 2.00pm today will the NO league drafts take place in the week leading up to the start of the season ?

Group B:

1. Kaka

2. Disco

3. Ketsbaia

4. Sima

5. Kevo

6. Optimistic Nut

7. craigmadge

8. tinoasprilla

9. wormy

10. jdckelly

Group C:

1. hithere

2. simonsays

3. Kaizero

4. chopey

5. ben-nufc

6. frankpingel

7. LRD

8. Ameritoon

9. triggs

Can someone volunteer to admin from these groups please.

You don't need to do much. Just create the league and send a pm with the invites.

I've had a go at this in the public leagues and my draft starts at 2.00pm today will the NO league drafts take place in the week leading up to the start of the season ?

Setting up the draft time is up to each particular group. Find a time that suits all or most.

I'm not familiar with the draft way of doing this. How do you pick up new players during the season?

Saw this on reddit, hope it helps:

Waiver system:

A waiver pool is where the players released from the managers' teams or new signings sit. Signing a player on a waiver involves the following:

• Two days before game week 1, you (Manager D) see that the player (Juan Mata) is on a waiver. You decide you want him so you place a 'waiver request'
  • Like you, two other managers (B and E) place waiver requests for Mata.
  • Before the first match, the waiver grant order is the reverse of draft pick order (Here, the waiver grant order is E->D->C->B->A). Since manager E has Mata on his request, he gets Mata. You (D) and manager B don't get anything.
  • The other 4 teams will now get the chance to sign the second player on the 'waiver pool' if he exists. After the first gameweek, waiver grant order is ascending order of total score in the mini-league(lowest scorer gets highest priority for a waiver)
  • You can make multiple waiver requests in a 'waiver priority list'. Requests are granted based on your priority.

Example: Manager B wants to sign Alli who is now on the waiver pool. The other players in the waiver pool are Benteke, Love and Keane. B doesn't want a defender and makes a priority list: Alli, Benteke. According to league positions, waiver grant order is 'ACBED'. The managers' 'waiver priority list' looks as follows:

A: Benteke, Alli

B: Alli, Benteke

C: Alli, Keane

D: Benteke, Keane

On deadline (24 hours prior to Gameweek deadline), the waiver algorithm runs and A gets Benteke. Now A is pushed to the bottom of the 'waiver grant order'. The new waiver grant order is CBEDA. C gets Alli and is pushed down, the order being BEDAC. B doesn't get any player because they're all taken and E doesn't get anything as his list is empty. Benteke has already been allotted to A, so D gets his second priority, Keane. Love is unpicked from the 'waiver pool' and is now passed on to the 'free agent pool'.

I'd prefer head to head as well.  Keeps it really interesting.

It will be interesting to see how matchups work though as the fixtures aren't as rigid as NFL (particularly later in the season)

I've been running a draft league for a couple years now. We run the draft through a FB group. Generally takes about 5 days because we have people in 4 different time zones. Really fun though - glad it's catching on.

Guest chopey

I'm doing the live draft in a public league right now, this is going to take ages.

24 mins from start to finish, I need to put my watch list in order properly next time tho because it auto selected a few of my picks

I'm doing the live draft in a public league right now, this is going to take ages.

24 mins from start to finish, I need to put my watch list in order properly next time tho because it auto selected a few of my picks

The drafts we do in the NFL thread typically take 3-4 hours.

The drafts we do in the NFL thread typically take 3-4 hours.

They're fucking hilarious as well.  Especially when the AI autodrafts shitloads of RBs.

I'd like to be in if it's not too late

Sure. I'm sure there'll be more people as we get closer.

I will be Admin for my group.

Cheers mate :thup: Just message your group to set up a draft time and then create the league & invite. Think most are liking the h2h scoring but sort that out too with your group.

I'm not familiar with the draft way of doing this. How do you pick up new players during the season?

Waiver system:

A waiver pool is where the players released from the managers' teams or new signings sit. Signing a player on a waiver involves the following:

• Two days before game week 1, you (Manager D) see that the player (Juan Mata) is on a waiver. You decide you want him so you place a 'waiver request'
  • Before the first match, the waiver grant order is the reverse of draft pick order (Here, the waiver grant order is E->D->C->B->A). Since manager E has Mata on his request, he gets Mata. You (D) and manager B don't get anything.
  • The other 4 teams will now get the chance to sign the second player on the 'waiver pool' if he exists. After the first gameweek, waiver grant order is ascending order of total score in the mini-league(lowest scorer gets highest priority for a waiver)
  • You can make multiple waiver requests in a 'waiver priority list'. Requests are granted based on your priority.

Example: Manager B wants to sign Alli who is now on the waiver pool. The other players in the waiver pool are Benteke, Love and Keane. B doesn't want a defender and makes a priority list: Alli, Benteke. According to league positions, waiver grant order is 'ACBED'. The managers' 'waiver priority list' looks as follows:

On deadline (24 hours prior to Gameweek deadline), the waiver algorithm runs and A gets Benteke. Now A is pushed to the bottom of the 'waiver grant order'. The new waiver grant order is CBEDA. C gets Alli and is pushed down, the order being BEDAC. B doesn't get any player because they're all taken and E doesn't get anything as his list is empty. Benteke has already been allotted to A, so D gets his second priority, Keane. Love is unpicked from the 'waiver pool' and is now passed on to the 'free agent pool'.

I'm out of me depth someone hoy me a rubber ring.

Waiver system:

I'm out of me depth someone hoy me a rubber ring.

:lol: You and me both. Battle for the bottom is on.