Joelinton

Stifler

I like him as a player but he'll never score more than ten goals in a season. Just isn't a natural striker either technically or positionally. Would be a good foil for a decent striker.

I like him as a player but he'll never score more than ten goals in a season. Just isn't a natural striker either technically or positionally. Would be a good foil for a decent striker.

The positional thing is what concerns me. He just doesn't attack the box enough. I like his general play other than that though.

Guest neesy111

Agreed.

I still think he can become something. Just has no confidence and would be nice to give him a break for a bit to work hard in training. Hope he has a sports psychologist.

That's possibly the problem, he has Sports Direct psychologist

much better today in terms of strength, staying on his feet, holding up the ball and his passing.

just has to improve his movement when we are attacking - needs to make the right runs and also be in the box when we're attacking out wide.

he really looks like a 5 million signing

That's being generous looks worse than the Hoss

What the feck is wrong with you ?

WTF the guy has scored 1 goal in 12 fucking games man and we paid 40m for that. He hasn't even got as good a scoring record as Shola had

Yet people still sing his praises the guy is a plank who the hell decided hes a 40m striker???

WTF the guy has scored 1 goal in 12 fucking games man and we paid 40m for that. He hasn't even got as good a scoring record as Shola had

Yet people still sing his praises the guy is a plank who the hell decided hes a 40m striker???

I'm not singing his praises, he's had an ok start imo. He's a Brazilian trying to settle in a foreign league, sometimes that can take a season yet he's trying to lead our line, a team managed by a cabbage.

When will people learn not to write players off too soon, i mean you said it yourself '12 games' trying to find his feet with a new team and new teammates in a new country.

And if you think he looks worse than Hoss you're a daft sod like.

I'm not singing his praises, he's had an ok start imo. He's a Brazilian trying to settle in a foreign league, sometimes that can take a season yet he's trying to lead our line, a team managed by a cabbage.

When will people learn not to write players off too soon, i mean you said it yourself '12 games' trying to find his feet with a new team and new teammates in a new country.

And if you think he looks worse than Hoss you're a daft sod like.

Hes played 12 games and in them hes never really looked like scoring ges never even looked dangerous. He doesnt even get into the positions youd expect a 40m striker to take up

Definately a player in this lad , i think something will click at some point and he will be awesome.i just dont think it will be in this team.i think he will become a good signing for a top 6 club with a good manager next couple of year.

I think his inexperience shows a bit sometimes , a senior mentor like rondon would have been perfect this season to bring him on  and relieve the pressure put on him by the club.

Why nufc constantly do this with talented young players? Hoy them straight in , sink or swim , fuck em up  , the club needs to learn how to deal with young human beings and the art of development.

Joelinton just turned 23. 2019/20 season in a new league under a crap manager. Who knows if he’d have been better under a good manager.

Ameobi’s equivalent season after just turning 23 was the 2004/5 season. Bear in mind he’d grew up at the club, spent the previous 4-5 years learning from Shearer, Ferguson, Bellamy, Kluivert...the season he switched from Robson to Souness he scored 2 in 31 league games.

Just to add another pointless 'this season, last season' comparison, it was this weekend last season that Rondon scored his first league goals for us, ironically in a 2-1 home win over Bournemouth. Think I remember him being injured early on like? Anyway, hope big joe grabs one or two in a couple of weeks time👍