Joelinton

Stifler

Interesting...

Amazing. Can't say I'm that surprised. Particularly, earlier on in the season he did some fantastic stuff when the ball was played into him.

It's so much harder to see because the team in general is not functioning at all in an attacking sense.

Genuinely think that if Rafa was still here and we had this exact team in place we'd be amazed at what it would be doing in general, and how good Joelinton would look.

Playing devil's advocate here but he may be getting the ball in less threatening areas, hence it being easier to win headers and easier to hold onto the ball than in the attacking third (which we're never in tbf). Then we have so little possession that he's got plenty of chances to win more tackles and the like. Does he get as high a percentage of his shots on target as Rondon? As many assists? The highlight for me yesterday was his attempt to control Longstaff's pass escaping him by about 10 yards leading directly to the sending off.

He should have controlled it better, but the ball was pinged at him quite fast by my recollection. Anyway, his first touch seems to be generally pretty good, anyone can have the odd bad one.

Bizarre that both him and Almiron are or have played as a 10 or attacking midfield, and neither are playing in positions they might likely be suited to.

Its unlikely Joelinton will improve in the formation Bruce as has adapted from Rafa, the way Bruce is trying to use this tactic isolates Joelinton and it's only slightly improved since ASM has been in the side bridging the gap between the midfield and Joelinton. Personally I think if Joelinton is to improve we ditch the tactic, but it will not happen.

Joelinton will get more adapted with time but the system doesn’t suit him sadly. It’s actually quite frustrating that we have to have 5 in the back in order to have any chance in a match. 

In any case, our number 9 needs to show more aggression and ruthlessness when he’s in the box. He had one chance in the wolves match, received ball with back to goal in the second half in the box and he didn’t do anything with the ball. He ended up fumbling it between his feet and getting dispossessed. He’s gotta have a clue on what to do with it when he’s in this positions. Turn and shoot. Lay off quicker. Etc

Guest Howaythetoon

Sort of watched the team play for the first time since Rafa at the weekend and what I saw of this fella I’d question the decision to bring him to the club never mind how much it cost to do that. He’s never a centre-forward or goalscorer, he doesn’t make any real threatening runs, he doesn’t run enough between/in/around his man, he’s not aggressive and he has zero instinct in terms of anticipation. Forget the stats compared to Rondon posted above, it’s about runs off the ball, attacking space and balls, making angles, being aggressive against his man or when on the move positionally and looking a threat. Rondon gave that, this lad gives nothing of the sort. Joselu would give more up front. There is something very dodgy about this whole deal. He doesn’t look like a footballer at all never mind a striker and goalscorer.

Last time Rondon played under a PFM he scored 3 goals before Christmas. I’m really not convinced we’d see the Benitez Rondon and not the Pulis/Pardew Rondon under Bruce.

That's an excellent point, and one that gets overlooked a lot by some. Imagine being a half decent player listening to some of the useless fucks who have managed us.

He's not a Newcastle United signing, he's an Ashley signing, signed to benefit Ashley not NUFC. It does look like there might be some talent in there, but none of us should want Ashley's ridiculous actions to be in some way vindicated. That's why for me it's imperative that both Joelinton, and the club as a whole, fail badly this season.

Sort of watched the team play for the first time since Rafa at the weekend and what I saw of this fella I’d question the decision to bring him to the club never mind how much it cost to do that. He’s never a centre-forward or goalscorer, he doesn’t make any real threatening runs, he doesn’t run enough between/in/around his man, he’s not aggressive and he has zero instinct in terms of anticipation. Forget the stats compared to Rondon posted above, it’s about runs off the ball, attacking space and balls, making angles, being aggressive against his man or when on the move positionally and looking a threat. Rondon gave that, this lad gives nothing of the sort. Joselu would give more up front. There is something very dodgy about this whole deal. He doesn’t look like a footballer at all never mind a striker and goalscorer.

I don't even remember us having possession in their half where he could even look to make runs for anyone with the ball that high up the pitch :lol:

He’s shown glimpses of what he can do. The chance against Arsenal on the first day where he literally fashioned a chance from nothing, the build up to the Schar goal v Watford when he started the move in the left-back position, continued in centre-midfield then played a part in the final third. He’s on a hiding to nothing though. He’s missed a couple of easy chances but these stand out more because he gets so few opportunities to have the chance to put away the next opportunity.

I reckon I said in the relegation thread after a few games that Joelinton would keep Brewcie's sorry rabble up. Since then, of course, he's been made to look completely shit by the stupid tactics and directionless players.

I'm reminded of Jon Dahl Tomasson who looked a complete plank when shoehorned into a #9 that he'd never done before, only to go on and become a fantastic player in his proper role. There will be joy in it this time, though, if someone picks him up from a relegated Ashley FC for 10m and he goes on to win the Ballon d'Or.

It reminds me of the 08/09 season. Keegan was 100% correct to go, but he could have had that squad around 12th easily imo.

It’s the same again now, Rafa was correct to leave but if he’d stayed I reckon he could have made a relative success from the front three given to him and had us comfortable mid-table again. The fact we replaced those two with absolute clusterfucks of managers is what will send us down.

What do you mean?

Kinnear had become manager of the year 500 times by then, won the Premier League with Shrewsbury, uncovered Both Ronaldo's, saved Queen Elizabeth from having to abdicate due to a false archbishop and he invented the free-kick spray.

He was perfect for the role to do his next heroic thing.

What do you mean?

Kinnear had become manager of the year 500 times by then, won the Premier League with Shrewsbury, uncovered Both Ronaldo's, saved Queen Elizabeth from having to abdicate due to a false archbishop and he invented the free-kick spray.

He was perfect for the role to do his next heroic thing.

Kinnear...Joe Kinnear

It reminds me of the 08/09 season. Keegan was 100% correct to go, but he could have had that squad around 12th easily imo.

It’s the same again now, Rafa was correct to leave but if he’d stayed I reckon he could have made a relative success from the front three given to him and had us comfortable mid-table again. The fact we replaced those two with absolute clusterfucks of managers is what will send us down.

I like him, together with Almiron and ASM I always feel better with them in the team.

Mind I used to feel like that about Shelvey, who yes had a good game(he does when we are on top)

I like him, together with Almiron and ASM I always feel better with them in the team.

Mind I used to feel like that about Shelvey, who yes had a good game(he does when we are on top)

Shelvey often does that when he comes back in to the team, then gets worse as he stays in.