Other clubs’ stadiums

Disco

Non-Briton here, but this is because the UK Government is pissed at Russia over the poisoning thing, right? I'm sure I read a story that named him as one of Putin's personal friends.

Something like that?

Non-Briton here, but this is because the UK Government is pissed at Russia over the poisoning thing, right? I'm sure I read a story that named him as one of Putin's personal friends.

Something like that?

I think he’s applied for it before and been knocked back. The papers are making out it’s to do with whole poisoning and general political situation with Russia, but I’m pretty sure he’s had problems for a long time.

I get the impression he's losing interest Chelsea now Man City are looking like they'll dominate the league for the foreseeable future. I think he's looking for a way out, at least of funding them to the extent he has, and the visa issues are a convenient excuse.

Guest chopey

If he walks away from Chelsea, some other mega rich bloke will pick them up, they are now a global brand, unfortunately.

I disagree, when you go abroad Chelsea are hardly followed it's all man u and Liverpool, if the investment stopped at Chelsea it wouldn't take long for them to fall back into mid table obscurity

It's very unlikely that anyone else is out there that would be willing to throw the amount of money at them that they've become accustomed to. I'm sure someone would want to buy them but I doubt that they'd get another sugar-daddy type owner. There just aren't that many mega rich blokes out there that are willing to plough hundreds of millions into football the way Abramovich, Mansour and the PSG owners have. The likelihood is that all of the people with that much of an interest in football and that much money already own clubs.

They are not in a position to compete for titles as a self sustaining club, without a sugar daddy they'll drop out of the top four and that global brand position will quickly be forgotten.

If he walks away from Chelsea, some other mega rich bloke will pick them up, they are now a global brand, unfortunately.

I disagree, when you go abroad Chelsea are hardly followed it's all man u and Liverpool, if the investment stopped at Chelsea it wouldn't take long for them to fall back into mid table obscurity

I live abroad asnd trust me Chelsea are as big a name as Manure, Liverpool etc.

Don't remember seeing any Chelsea shirts when I was in Asia, even saw Citeh and Leicester.

I know Asia is obviously the mist coveted foreign market, due to its population size and relatively wealth, but Chelsea are massive throughout Africa and easily one of the top sides in America as well. They are a big and global name.

Don't remember seeing any Chelsea shirts when I was in Asia, even saw Citeh and Leicester.

I know Asia is obviously the mist coveted foreign market, due to its population size and relatively wealth, but Chelsea are massive throughout Africa and easily one of the top sides in America as well. They are a big and global name.

Absolutely

• 1 month later...