Other clubs’ stadiums

Disco

I'm with Dave on this, like.

I said already in this thread that west ham fans would regret moving in under a decade, I reckon most would admit already that they should have stayed put. I don't know enough about Atletico but it wouldn't surprise me if their fans feel or grow to feel the same. Leaving our stadium and it's location would be absolutely criminal, imo.

I would hate to move out of the city centre.

Me too.

I'm reckon we could possibly do something with the East Stand to increase capacity, without affecting Leazes Terrace. Knock it down completely and build it much higher with a steeper angle...could even possibly make it two tier.

It only holds something like 5000 ffs

Leazes terrace has a "right to light" though. Make the east stand taller and it'd infringe

'Right to light' is a civil law matter that is for the affected property owner to enforce through the courts, or not. If it would infringe, the club could potentially come to an compensatory arrangement with the University.

Loss of light is a consideration in planning applications. Each Council tends to assess it in different way depending on their adopted policy, guidance or just established rules of thumb. No idea how Newcastle go about it, just tried to access their SPDs to see but I can't download them.

Students dont see the light of day anyway so it's an invalid legal concern. If anything, the East stand covering that street in darkness could save them money on buying curtains to keep the light out.

Palace joining the tunnel club fad. There will be 1 or 2 palace fans with enough money to get tickets, but will there be a big demand?

It just looks like only the 1 stand that will look good from the outside, you can even see in the background the other stand looking cheap and bland. Fair play to them for wanting to upgrade their stadium though.

Will it still go ahead if they go down?

• 2 weeks later...

Alan Brazil said that he's been told by someone in the city that there is no chance it will be completed by next season.

Brazil was probably absolutely paggered at 1pm in a Canary Wharf bar when he had that conversation.

Alan Brazil said that he's been told by someone in the city that there is no chance it will be completed by next season.

Brazil was probably absolutely paggered at 1pm in a Canary Wharf bar when he had that conversation.

Yes I know, I do like him

• 2 weeks later...

whats the reason for the lower tier of those stands to be different in size and positioning? Looks like a f***ing Lego

They slide in and out for different sports and concerts. That is what West Ham’s Olympic stadium was supposed to be like, instead they got scaffolding and temporary seating.