Other clubs’ stadiums

Disco

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/sutts07/STADIUM.png

I know we've disagreed on this previously, but I'm certain West ham fans will quickly regret moving to that gaff.

That's pretty old and it wont look like that. It's in athletics mode there too

I'm on me phone, struggling to post pics. Can you post a pic of the lower bowl seating slid in as far as it goes, leaving huge empty craters behind it for suicidal hammers to throw themselves into. So we can debate it some more? :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/S23PAFA.jpg

[spoiler=full size]GettyImages-4916383841.jpg

O0

Haha cheers, shocking stadium for football that.

Trying to think of possibilities for those areas. I've seen pitch side bars / drinking areas at mls grounds that look spot on. With some decking that sort of thing would have been great at West ham but our laws wouldn't allow it.

Haha cheers, shocking stadium for football that.

100%. I havent argued against that (or at least I hope I havent :lol: ). West Ham fans will love it for a season or two then the feeling will wear off. I dunno if they'll ever hate it, but aye.

The thing I've argued for is the actual view I guess. It won't be anywhere near as bad as some people make out. No camera can replicate human vision perfectly.. the only way to know is go there or hear from people who have - and everyone I've seen who has been there has said the view is fine, even from the top tier

How big is a rugby pitch to a Football one? As in that picture it's not the greatest of distances away.

About the same arent they?

Looks around the same as the football pitch here

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03469/sjp3_3469137b.jpg

Just a bit longer for the try areas

How big is a rugby pitch to a Football one? As in that picture it's not the greatest of distances away.

Grass will be same size.

It's in no way a football ground like. Reminds of the old style Brazilian bowls pre World Cup.

Going by my local 3g pitch, the playing areas are the same but rugby pitch has a 10m in goal area slapped on each end.

Looking at that picture of SJP I think the pitch is right at the bottom end of what's legal, with shortened in goal areas too.

• 2 weeks later...

You think ? West Ham, surely have a large enough following to fill a stadium of that size, what with all the people in the eastend of london and essex, and cheap tickets.

This is correct, though I guess what HTT is getting at is that (at this point, I should add) it seems like a shit stadium for football and eventually it'll take it's toll on the fans.

Whether that's accurate or not remains to be seen

If WHU are going to salvage that stadium then they're seriously going to need to form a 'Singing Section' area (that is quite large) to allow fans to stand and sing. Otherwise it will be about as lively as a fox imprinted into the hard shoulder of the M2.

If I were a West Ham fan I'd be totally devastated about leaving the Boleyn. Even the area (despite looking like a street from Islamabad) cultivates that feeling of identity and pride with the club and it's history- Green Street etc. It's a proper ground imo, makes me sad to see another iconic English stadium being traded for a soulless bowl like The Olympic Stadium; Sky will absolutely wank themselves into overdrive about how 'modern' and 'safe' and 'family friendly' it is :(

West Ham have a pretty good following and the Olympic Stadium is much easier to get to from Essex where they have decent support, but I can't see them filling it week in, week out.

Guest Howaythetoon

You think ? West Ham, surely have a large enough following to fill a stadium of that size, what with all the people in the eastend of london and essex, and cheap tickets.

Man City can't even fill their stadium.

Guest neesy111

They do, the empty seats they get is to do with tickets given to their partners not being filled.

They can and do :lol:  You see empty seats every game at the Nou Camp too, doesnt mean you can accuse Barca of not being able to get bums on seats. Just because a seat is empty, doesnt mean it hasnt been sold

There's a difference between the stadium being full and the tickets being sold, mind.

Of course, but clubs cant force people to go and/or give their ticket away, hence why I think it's a bit silly to claim "they cant even fill their ground!" aimed at.. whichever club, not just City. Obviously some clubs can't even sell tickets but yeah.

West Ham have, and I quote, "five times as many supporters than available season tickets" on the waiting list for the new Olympic stadium.  Whether those people go or not (if they think the atmosphere/stadium is shit after a few months and pack it in) is a different matter, but they still sold all tickets and justified the move (in the short term at least)

CeuprRSWwAA7jDO.jpg:large

How big is that compared to the Milburn stand? Can imagine it goes massively to the 'back' but is it Level 7 in height?

And i'll be shitting my pants night and day if I was living in those houses near the construction site and two huge cranes standing a few yards away especially during a storm!