Other clubs’ stadiums

Disco

I know the stadium of light is an easy target, but it's a brilliant example of a soulless dump. SJP is instantly recognisable, right in the city centre, minus the sports direct tat I wouldn't swap it for anywhere.

Shudder to think how cheap and shit our ground in Leazes Park would now look if it had been built. SJP is bad enough in places but that'd be ahhhhful.

Are you referring to parts of the structure itself or just the Sports Direct shite? ???

Shudder to think how cheap and shit our ground in Leazes Park would now look if it had been built. SJP is bad enough in places but that'd be ahhhhful.

Are you referring to parts of the structure itself or just the Sports Direct shite? ???

Structure. East Stand and the internals of the lower Gallowgate are awful.

Shudder to think how cheap and s*** our ground in Leazes Park would now look if it had been built. SJP is bad enough in places but that'd be ahhhhful.

But what about stadiums built today in the future? Guess the renderings of a mid 90s stadium don't holdup well like

SJP needs a clean up, the east stand looks shocking, the grey cladding could do with be replaced with something easier on the eye, the zinc cladding the business school over the road has looks far better. Inside a lot of it needs updating, I think the club have been doing this gradually though. The glass roof needs a good clean and replacement panels that have yellowed (where plastic panels are use).

The seats themselves must be coming towards their end life now.

Even if it wasn't going to be extended (which isn't likely) it still needs some TLC, imagine you bad your house would be if you never decorated since the 90's/early 2000's, because that's pretty much the situation with SJP right now.

Shudder to think how cheap and s*** our ground in Leazes Park would now look if it had been built. SJP is bad enough in places but that'd be ahhhhful.

But what about stadiums built today in the future? Guess the renderings of a mid 90s stadium don't holdup well like

At least new grounds are slightly unique. The explosion of soulless flat packs in England was not good. Plus we'd have had Fat Fred cutting corners like it was going out of fashion.

All the money Ashley has saved from doing any expansion work should be used for a proper clean up of SJP. It'd make a world of difference.

Why spend money if people keep coming anyway?

After 15 years of continued investment, we've not spent a bean on the ground in a decade. They haven't even jetwashed the blockwork around the back of the SE corner.

SJP needs a clean up, the east stand looks shocking, the grey cladding could do with be replaced with something easier on the eye, the zinc cladding the business school over the road has looks far better. Inside a lot of it needs updating, I think the club have been doing this gradually though. The glass roof needs a good clean and replacement panels that have yellowed (where plastic panels are use).

The seats themselves must be coming towards their end life now.

Even if it wasn't going to be extended (which isn't likely) it still needs some TLC, imagine you bad your house would be if you never decorated since the 90's/early 2000's, because that's pretty much the situation with SJP right now.

There's narf some big cracks in the structure in the Milburn Stand as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Spartak Trnava's new stadium.

Probably some other places like it but I like how they incorporate the old city walls with the stadium. Opened earlier this year, haven't had a chance to go to a match yet but hopefully I will soon.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b640/Csthorne17/20151204_102832_zpsrajztrwq.jpg

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b640/Csthorne17/20151204_102809_zps2ijgseni.jpg

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b640/Csthorne17/20151204_102928_zpsrjl6fc7f.jpg

And unfortunately...

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b640/Csthorne17/20151204_102943_zpscooqnzj1.jpg

I quite like it, think its just because its not like all these generic grey cased modern stadiums. Thought it looked awful from the pictures showing it from above but it looks better from the ground image there.