Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

£10-12m for Matt Ritchie :lol:

Tragically hilarious how much money this is going to cost us for the sake of not buying a f***ing centre back and a striker.

We all laughed at the townsend fee, tbf, now we're all gutted he's leaving.

Because Townsend would violate the Championship :lol:

Ritchie is a signing to get us out of the Championship and potentially settle us back into the Premiership, he likely isn't going to tear the league up if we return.

We'd be just as gutted if we stayed up, I'm sure. He was very good for us and surprised everyone, well worth the fee we paid in the end, imo.

Can't comment on Ritchie, never seen much of him at all,I'll reserve judgement/comment on the fee until I have.

Because Townsend would violate the Championship :lol:

Ritchie is a signing to get us out of the Championship and potentially settle us back into the Premiership, he likely isn't going to tear the league up if we return.

I'd also say £10-£12m is worth it if he does exactly as you say.

Lovejoy, I like Townsend and on reflection £12m looks good business, not really sure what this has to do with us signing Matt Ritchie in the Championship though? Are are we just going to mention him every time we probably pay over the odds for a player (which we are here imo, but we need to because of how badly we've fucked up)?

£10-12m for Ritchie is not a signing I would be expecting a Premiership club trying to achieve anything to make*, unless there's little else out there and they really need a right winger. That's all I'm saying, this relegation has cost us so much and was completely unavoidable.

*Obviously Leicester throw any argument like this out of whack, but yee kna.

I get that him coming means Townsend out and that's disappointing but Ritchie and Gayle are night and day from the shite we bought last time we went down. Gives me some hope that we might just put together a team. Still need a lot more added mind.

This must mean Townsend is definitely off

Happy enough with the signing, he can obviously do well in The Championship and he has proven to be more than good enough for the Premiership

Though I'm surprised he will be making the drop down, doesn't really make sense looking at it objectively

Sels

Janmaat  Mbemba  Lascelles  Dummett

Ritchie      Tiote      Saivet    Aarons

Mitrovic      Gayle

(Assuming Sissoko and Wiljnaldum continue to be absent, and Townsend leaves. Also Janmaat italicised assuming he'll go. Perez rotated.)

Absolutely no creativity in central midfield there

Sels

Janmaat  Mbemba  Lascelles  Dummett

Ritchie      Tiote      Saivet    Aarons

Mitrovic      Gayle

(Assuming Sissoko and Wiljnaldum continue to be absent, and Townsend leaves. Also Janmaat italicised assuming he'll go. Perez rotated.)

Absolutely no creativity in central midfield there

At no point in his whole career has Rafa played 4-4-2

To be fair Matt Richie is quite comfortable at premiership level, it's a signing for the future.

Strange that he is taking the drop in league though.

Aye, I think it's a really good signing for a Championship club, I just cringe thinking about what we could be doing if we never got ourselves pointlessly relegated. It's not even if's and buts, we effectively went down for the craic :lol:

:lol:

Guest Bert Shaft

This must mean Townsend is definitely off

If he's off to join Palace, I assume that no one has ever told him about all the players that have been "Pardewed". He's fuckin' crackers if he joins them.

Lovejoy, I like Townsend and on reflection £12m looks good business, not really sure what this has to do with us signing Matt Ritchie in the Championship though? Are are we just going to mention him every time we probably pay over the odds for a player (which we are here imo, but we need to because of how badly we've f***ed up)?

£10-12m for Ritchie is not a signing I would be expecting a Premiership club trying to achieve anything to make*, unless there's little else out there and they really need a right winger. That's all I'm saying, this relegation has cost us so much and was completely unavoidable.

*Obviously Leicester throw any argument like this out of whack, but yee kna.

Avoidable?