Federico Fernández (now playing for Elche)

sempuki

I mean, Lejeune is crocked for the year, and Clark(NO E) is going to be frozen out. And Dummett has no legitimate backup.

Also, we don't buy what is most necessary, we buy what we deem to be the best value.

Why is Clark going to be frozen out?

Just seems apparent to me that Rafa doesn't want him to play cos he's not particularly good? Not sure he played a minute of football after Lejeune came back. Having him as the 1st backup at CB is undesirable.

Just saw a picture of him at SJP on Twitter. Seems like it's done.

He'd probably be my choice alongside Lascelles until Schar settles in with Clark as 4th choice. If Lejeune's back around the new year I'd look to get rid of Clark then.

Weird signing. Already have Clarke, Lascelles, Schär, Lejeune (despite being injured) and Dummett that could possibly do a job as 4th choice CB. Really needed to improve other areas for this season. Paperthin across the midfield.

It's not like. Lejeune's injured until the very late stages of the season and Dummett can't play centre half when he's the only senior left back on the books. You can't go into a Premier League season with only 3 available centre halves. You can't go with only 1 left back either like but here we are.

Well, exactly. We should be aiming to buy an LB instead of another CB imo. Dummett as a 2nd choice LB and 4th choice CB this season wouldn't have been too shabby.

Seen nothing to convince me Dummett can actually play CB tbh, despite it being considered on here he can. Even if we signed a LB i'd still want another CB personally, assuming Schar is actually good then we have only two CBs we can rely on.

Obviously we'll be lucky if we get any of this though. :lol:

It seems peculiar that the board have relented on this one, like. That's a substantial fee by their standards, particularly for someone three years over 26, and especially when - in their eyes - we've already got four permanent CBs on the payroll. Plus they've openly and deliberately been twats and made it absolutely clear to Rafa all summer that he can't have what he wants.

Dunno. It's peculiar to me. Entirely out of keeping with the last knocking of this transfer window. Hope he's not shit.

It seems peculiar that the board have relented on this one, like. That's a substantial fee by their standards, particularly for someone three years over 26, and especially when - in their eyes - we've already got four permanent CBs on the payroll. Plus they've openly and deliberately been twats and made it absolutely clear to Rafa all summer that he can't have what he wants.

Dunno. It's peculiar to me. Entirely out of keeping with the last knocking of this transfer window. Hope he's not shit.

They will be planning on selling Lascelles in January.

Guest firetotheworks

Signing Rooney too by the looks of it

I swear down these people can smell signings like. I worked directly opposite SJP for 4 years and you hardly ever saw anyone that was that much of a clip, but when a signing's on the way or the SSN cameras are there they can sense it.

Lads after some sterling work by myself and Lee Charnley we've got ourselves a new left-back. He's an international with almost 30 caps and has made over 100 Premier League appearances.

His name is Ciaran Clark.

Yours truly,

Mike

It's a decent enough signing all things considered. He's experienced and seems decent enough to do a job. It's the other areas like a right winger with some pace and a left back who can play out which will probably dictate our game this season, not in a good way.

Signing Rooney too by the looks of it

I swear down these people can smell signings like. I worked directly opposite SJP for 4 years and you hardly ever saw anyone that was that much of a clip, but when a signing's on the way or the SSN cameras are there they can sense it.

They will have been waiting outside all day with it being transfer deadline day.