Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

It's a great point actually.  As good as the defensive unit is, we are susceptible to a pacy attack.  The player we need in the middle in that scenario is Dummett.  Trust me.

‘Trust me’ Alreet Pards

While not wanting to see any player injured this could be a bit of luck for Steve Bruce. He was never going to drop Lascelles being the club captain but Lejeune is just a far superior player and far better distribution from the back. The front three will benefit hugely from this.

He needs to displace Clark first though, he’s done well that lad when called upon, in fairness.

While not wanting to see any player injured this could be a bit of luck for Steve Bruce. He was never going to drop Lascelles being the club captain but Lejeune is just a far superior player and far better distribution from the back. The front three will benefit hugely from this.

He needs to displace Clark first though, he’s done well that lad when called upon, in fairness.

Can't drop Clark ATM.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think he’ll be a bigger miss than some realise, for all his flaws on the ball, he will leave a big gap back there in the air, at set pieces, at leading and with his pace and recovery getting back. He’s their best defender in terms of just defending easily. No-one else fills me with as much confidence in terms of strictly defending.

While he has no particular stand out abilities,  he doesn't have any glaring weaknesses either.  he is a very decent defender, the leadership in the backline will be missed. Can't see Schar or Lejeune screaming at Dummett for being his usual 20 yards out of place