Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

There were way more than 42k there mind.

Prove it.

I was there, saw it with my own eyes.  Not a chance 10,000 seats were empty (practically one in five) as is being claimed.

You can't see all of the stadium when you are there.

Have you got a set of pictures of the entire ground to disprove this then?  Having been to cup games I've got a pretty good idea of what an attendance might look like - there's no way there were 10,000 empty seats.

Guest covmag

There’s no way of knowing unless ITK

no matter what it was a fucking failure again, it looked fairly full and I for one was utterly shocked.

Prove it.

I was there, saw it with my own eyes.  Not a chance 10,000 seats were empty (practically one in five) as is being claimed.

You can't see all of the stadium when you are there.

Have you got a set of pictures of the entire ground to disprove this then?  Having been to cup games I've got a pretty good idea of what an attendance might look like - there's no way there were 10,000 empty seats.

It's not up to me to disprove it, it's up to you to back up your claim.

"I was there, saw it with my eyes" isn't proving anything as unless you have the vision of an eagle and can see around corners you can't see every seat in the ground.

The boycott overall was a bit a failure - like always the militant element of internet forums don't reflect the behaviour of the general match going fan.

42k looked about right based on last seasons crowds against Burnley, Watford and Bournemouth which were 48/49k and the stadium was far, far emptier v Arsenal, certainly a lot more than 1k less than the lowest crowd last season.

Prove it.

scab

Guest covmag

There were quite a few single seats dotted about, unless you are looking out for them it can look totally full, add all of those single seats up, with the empty areas at the back of gallowgate etc, i don't see why 42k seems unreasonable.

Because it didn’t look a fifth down, and in anyway 42,000 turned up at a boycott, a waste of fucking time man. :lol:

I think people are going to slowly drift away bit by bit now, not really any point in "organising" a boycott, people are going to do it of their own accord, slowly but surely.

Ashley has fucked it in that sense, i think he will know theres no way back from here, hopefully looks to sell :yao:

Guest chopey

I think people are going to slowly drift away bit by bit now, not really any point in "organising" a boycott, people are going to do it of their own accord, slowly but surely.

Ashley has fucked it in that sense, i think he will know theres no way back from here, hopefully looks to sell :yao:

Yes that's what I think. It will be a slow death but a worthwhile one.

Been a while since my last update,unsurprisingly sales have really tailed of since the Arsenal game, infact just 69 tickets were sold in the period between Saturday 10th and Sunday 18th

stfinal.png

stfinal2.png

- St James Park has a total of 268 'blocks' of tickets which make up the capacity of 52156

- Of these 268 blocks you can only buy season tickets in 140 of them. The rest of the blocks are private boxes, corporate, press, away fans etc.

- The capacity of these 140 blocks is 39,970

- Of those 39,970 season tickets only 9736 seats are now available (30,234 are sold/unavailable)

- This means 24.36% of the available season ticket pool is still available

EDIT - JUST REALISED THAT WE ARENT PLAYING WATFORD THIS WEEKEND SO THIS POST ISNT ENTIRELY ACCURATE. LEAVING IT UP AS AN UPDATE AND I WILL POST AGAIN NEXT WEEK WITH CORRECT PREDICTIONS

Sales for Watford look interesting.

The away section (plus segregation) currently has 4074 tickets showing as sold/unavailable but we know nowhere near that will attend

If you take the away fans, press, corporate boxes, directors area, sensory room (6,880) from the stadium capacity (52,156) you are left with 45,276 tickets

As of last night (Sunday 18th 11pm)

- 9843 tickets are currently available

- 13264 were available when the tickets went on sale

- Under 800 tickets have been sold in the 7 days since the Arsenal game

For reference, in the run up to the Arsenal game 500 tickets were sold everyday so even with this unlikely rate of sales 7000 tickets will be unsold

So based on

7000+ available seats    PLUS    Unsold away section    PLUS    Season ticket holders staying away

We are looking at an official attendance of around 43k and a true attendance probably nearer 40k

And its just the 2nd game of a potentially car crash season...

The away section (plus segregation) currently has 4074 tickets showing as sold/unavailable but we know nowhere near that will attend

If you take the away fans, press, corporate boxes, directors area, sensory room (6,880) from the stadium capacity (52,156) you are left with 45,276 tickets

For reference, in the run up to the Arsenal game 500 tickets were sold everyday so even with this unlikely rate of sales 7000 tickets will be unsold

So based on

7000+ available seats    PLUS    Unsold away section    PLUS    Season ticket holders staying away

We are looking at an official attendance of around 43k and a true attendance probably nearer 40k

Appreciated, hope you are right.

So based on

That'll change after we beat Spurs on Sunday....

EDIT - Just realised we dont play Watford this weekend so my post isnt entirely accurate, however I expect the final numbers to be similar to my predictions. Im leaving the post up for now but will update again this time next week

Guest reefatoon

The boycott overall was a bit a failure - like always the militant element of internet forums don't reflect the behaviour of the general match going fan.

It was only deemed a failure because people like you decided to go.

There were quite a few single seats dotted about, unless you are looking out for them it can look totally full, add all of those single seats up, with the empty areas at the back of gallowgate etc, i don't see why 42k seems unreasonable.

Because it didn’t look a fifth down, and in anyway 42,000 turned up at a boycott, a waste of fucking time man. :lol:

It did like. Lots of areas with huge swaithes of empty seats. Back of the Gallowgate, Upper Leazes,  all over Level 7, Platinum club all well under 80% occupied and loads of 2s, 3s and 4s empty dotted around the rest of the ground, even in the central seats in the East Stand. I think low 40k or in other words 80% full looked about right. Certainly no more than that. Much less people inside than at any game last season and we dipped to 48k v Burnley as a comparison.

Also the stadium plan can be rather misleading. They had sections W and X in the Leazes L4 as being sold out but they turned out to be less than half full.