Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Block V alone had 250+ seats available about 3 days before the game.

Block V alone had 250+ seats available about 3 days before the game.

Which were already counted in the clubs attendance figures.

Yes, and along with the evidence of the two blocks geordie b posted, it's not hard to understand it could well have been 42k through the gates.

It is pretty hard to understand like. You’re suggesting 20% of the stadium didn’t show up.

I'd say the stadium looked about 80% full on the telly or 8 in every 10 seats were occupied. Obviously there were several areas Gallowgate upper, Leazes L4, Level 7, Platinum club) which looked to have occupancy levels way less than that. I could quite believe the 42k figure

Quite clearly I’m in the minority here so I’m going to just quit while I’m ahead. To me it looks absolutely nothing like 42k, but if that’s what you think, that’s what you think.

It’s a waste of time even arguing with you people about it, because you’ve already made your mind up...you see what you want to see. Same with everything about NUFC on here. It’s absolutely pathetic at times. It’s not a discussion forum anymore (and I’ve been posting on here in one guise or another for 12 years). It’s a “feel free to post if you agree with us” forum. If not, we’ll label you as an imposter / Ashley apologist. Your own personal echo chamber where everything is *cough* black and white, rather than having any nuance whatsoever. Honestly it’s pathetic, and not remotely representative of the wider fan base.

Probably a reflection of society as a whole rather just N-O, but still pathetic.

Quite clearly I’m in the minority here so I’m going to just quit while I’m ahead. To me it looks absolutely nothing like 42k, but if that’s what you think, that’s what you think.

It’s a waste of time even arguing with you people about it, because you’ve already made your mind up...you see what you want to see. Same with everything about NUFC on here. It’s absolutely pathetic at times. It’s not a discussion forum anymore (and I’ve been posting on here in one guise or another for 12 years). It’s a “feel free to post if you agree with us” forum. If not, we’ll label you as an imposter / Ashley apologist. Your own personal echo chamber where everything is *cough* black and white, rather than having any nuance whatsoever. Honestly it’s pathetic, and not remotely representative of the wider fan base.

Probably a reflection of society as a whole rather just N-O, but still pathetic.

Still hanging in there after 12 years though hey buddy. But it's the niggling over stadium attendance in a game this week that broke you. Well ok then.

Difference between “feel free to post if you agree with us” forum and what youre saying is that your not listening to opposing opinions on the matter

4.5k of the available 51000 seats were unsold before the game, that gives a maximum capacity in those areas of 46500, if you then add the 1220 which were press and boxes (which i know didnt come close to selling out) you get a capacity of 47.7k which nigh on identical to the announced attendance.

However...

I can prove (like i did yesterday) that attendance in certain blocks was nowhere near what was reflected in the ticketing portal.

The ENTIRE East Stand apparently had just 72 empty seats in it based on the pre match ticketing portal (which as ive stated above reflected the announced attendance), even you will be able to count 4 or 5 times as many empty seats in these photos during the game (All your photos are pre game with people stood up blocking the empty seats)

boycott3.png

boycott5.png

I can give many more block examples if I need to but I doubt you will accept facts and evidence when it goes against you own feelings and beliefs

You said it directly in the other thread: you simply don't care.

If that's your justification for going then there's no argument to be had.

zzzzzzz go cry somewhere else where your own echo chamber conforms more with the majority since you are obviously just as set in your own opinion.

People with credible sources are telling you that your perception of an attendance is marginally wrong. Why is that so difficult for you to come to terms with? It's incredibly difficult to estimate how many are in the stands by just looking at it. Spread them out evenly enough and it can look surprisingly full even with large numbers being away.

fwiw I thought the stadium looked nearly full and was really dissapointed, but I believe the numbers that has been coming from staff at the stadium more than your guesstimate unless you've counted.

Difference between “feel free to post if you agree with us” forum and what youre saying is that your not listening to opposing opinions on the matter

4.5k of the available 51000 seats were unsold before the game, that gives a maximum capacity in those areas of 46500, if you then add the 1220 which were press and boxes (which i know didnt come close to selling out) you get a capacity of 47.7k which nigh on identical to the announced attendance.

However...

I can prove (like i did yesterday) that attendance in certain blocks was nowhere near what was reflected in the ticketing portal.

The ENTIRE East Stand apparently had just 72 empty seats in it based on the pre match ticketing portal (which as ive stated above reflected the announced attendance), even you will be able to count 4 or 5 times as many empty seats in these photos during the game (All your photos are pre game with people stood up blocking the empty seats)

boycott3.png

boycott5.png

I can give many more block examples if I need to but I doubt you will accept facts and evidence when it goes against you own feelings and beliefs

I’m happy to accept that in these photos you can see more pockets of empty seats 👍

Will be interested to see the official number if it can be had somehow... not via someone’s mate. But actual numbers.

I think we all have to accept that the protest was small but still visible to an extent.

Steve Bruce can take things from here to help dwindle the numbers. Hopefully as well as reducing the number of people going match by match, some ST holders might still be encouraged to Jack it in if they are paying monthly

I think we all have to accept that the protest was small but still visible to an extent.

Steve Bruce can take things from here to help dwindle the numbers. Hopefully as well as reducing the number of people going match by match, some ST holders might still be encouraged to Jack it in if they are paying monthly

How sad it is that the owner sticking his fingers up at fans, shitting on club legends and letting the stadium fall apart isn't enough to keep people away, but losing some games might.

Wonder what time those photos above were taken.  Seems to be a lot of people walking around.

Shelvey&Longstaff still on the pitch so not in the 99th minute like Shadow Puppets will now probably try and make out :rolleyes:

Just after half time before everyone was back in their seats, perhaps?

😝

Wonder what time those photos above were taken.  Seems to be a lot of people walking around.

Shelvey&Longstaff still on the pitch so not in the 99th minute like Shadow Puppets will now probably try and make out :rolleyes:

Just after half time before everyone was back in their seats, perhaps?

😝

:spit:

I had a look in here before the match kicked off ,  and was disapointed to read some comments regarding a full house.

However , i watched the game on NBC Sport and thought the coverage with regards to the boycott was good  , they focused on empty seats and mentioned it a few times during the game.

I was surprised there was a lot more empty seats in the east stand than i would of anticipated.

The camera scrolled along various parts and there were 2's , 3's and 4's , little clusters of empty seats  clearly dotted all over the place.

Not easy to see at a glance from distance.

If 42 or even 45k was the true attendance , then a big well done to all involved , its a great start , i think the wor flags lot and the rest of the ashley out groups  should be commended for their efforts organising and sacrifices made for the cause..

Lets hope things start to snowball from here.

Well done to all involved.

I met up with several season ticket holders who were watching in the city centre so I would tend to agree with the lower figures being more accurate - and yes as Brucism sweeps through the team by December those visible holes may well double in size - sorry to say but the lack of cover the lack of discipline and the lack of a plan smacks of the Pardew demise and we know where that ended - this time there will be no fairytale ending where the Champions league winner comes to the rescue of Sports Direct FC - and where will our 'best' players want to be by then Titanic or the transfer lifeboat?

Divided we fall

United we could sort this fat mess out in a few short weeks

I met up with several season ticket holders who were watching in the city centre so I would tend to agree with the lower figures being more accurate - and yes as Brucism sweeps through the team by December those visible holes may well double in size - sorry to say but the lack of cover the lack of discipline and the lack of a plan smacks of the Pardew demise and we know where that ended - this time there will be no fairytale ending where the Champions league winner comes to the rescue of Sports Direct FC - and where will our 'best' players want to be by then Titanic or the transfer lifeboat?

Divided we fall

United we could sort this fat mess out in a few short weeks

I’d put him between Carver and McClaren rather the lofty height of Pardewball. I wasn’t ready for the players being so clueless as to what they were supposed to do. Free fall is a real possibility.