Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest chopey

TV commentators apologising for bad language that I never heard in the hope that someone heard it so they can take the moral high ground 

TV commentators apologising for bad language that I never heard in the hope that someone heard it so they can take the moral high ground 

You just need to get better at listening. It's got nothing to do with moral high ground and everything to do with their regulatory responsibilities.

They will also have the producer in their ear telling them to apologise.

• 2 weeks later...

Commentators who give unimpressive stats. Tonight it was, ‘Jordan Henderson becomes the first Englishman to captain a Champions League finalist since Frank Lampard in 2012’.

Wow...a whole SEVEN years in a competition played by a whole continent. Fucking hell.

Guest neesy111

Commentators who give unimpressive stats. Tonight it was, ‘Jordan Henderson becomes the first Englishman to captain a Champions League finalist since Frank Lampard in 2012’.

Wow...a whole SEVEN years in a competition played by a whole continent. Fucking hell.

Yeah that's just a stupid one.

Players touching or kissing the trophy before it gets lifted. For me, it takes away a bit of the feel. Wait for the captain to lift it then f*** it all you want. Just my own personal pet hate.

Guest neesy111

Non football fans making their point strongly that they don't like football.  Richard bacon on twitter this weekend being an perfect example

I hate myself for thinking "You aren't ITK", when people on forums say "I've heard that..." like they are in the ITK when what they really meant was "I heard on the radio",  "I saw on SSN", "I read five pages back" or "I saw on the BBC Gossip column".

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...