Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

If an outfield player impedes the leg of an opponent before getting to the ball it’s a foul. If an outfield player impedes the arms of a keeper before getting to ball then it has to be a foul. Dub’s doesn’t cover himself in glory but he’s clearly impeding in his efforts to get his arms up to the ball.

After watching that goal now, the ball goes through his hands before the player has arms on him like. Definitely a clanger from the keeper.

Fourth one is the best angle yet that shows you’re wrong.

Not too sure what Lascelles and Schar are doing there mind, Boly is obviously the target - he should have been marked tightly given there was just seconds remaining.

Still gets given as a foul 9/10 imo.

Guest reefatoon

I think you can make all tackles look like fouls on stand alone images of them.  At the time I didn't think it was a foul, Dubravka looked like he was moving back and the ball just went through his hands. The player jumped straight up and it looked like Dubravka went back into him/his arms more than the player going into or grabbing Dubravka.  It was the timing of it that is the sickener

It's the fact that it's a foul that's a sickener tbh.

All the 'he'll be fine' comments etc are pissing me off :lol: I would imagine he will be fine, he was quality last night until he was fouled, pulled off a couple of great saves, plucked a fair few crosses out of the air and relieved the pressure.  If anything, he'll be gutted at the amount of people who don't see it as a foul.  The pictures are pretty damning evidence no matter how people are trying to view it, none more so than that last pic on the above tweet.

I think you can make all tackles look like fouls on stand alone images of them.  At the time I didn't think it was a foul, Dubravka looked like he was moving back and the ball just went through his hands. The player jumped straight up and it looked like Dubravka went back into him/his arms more than the player going into or grabbing Dubravka.  It was the timing of it that is the sickener

There’s a photo that shows he’s already in the air with his hands ready to catch it. ‘At the time’ I didn’t think there was a problem until I saw the photos and replays to show otherwise. The first view we had was from about 80 yards away too, not from where the officials were.

Weak goalkeeping and made the wrong decision to try and catch it although I understand why he'd do that as that would have been the last action of the game. I still don't say that's a foul but others will. It's one of those that can go either way and unfortunately for us it's gone against us. The foul on Almiron in the corner just before the goal looked far more obvious.

I really like the player and he has definitely brought alot to our team, goes without saying he is a world apart from the other options, but these clangers are creeping in and costing us. Maybe it's because of the sheer volume of pressure he faces week in week out the odd slip up is more likely to happen.

I don't think it was a foul but can't shake the feeling if that happened to a "big" club at that time in a game the ref would have pulled it.

I really like the player and he has definitely brought alot to our team, goes without saying he is a world apart from the other options, but these clangers are creeping in and costing us. Maybe it's because of the sheer volume of pressure he faces week in week out the odd slip up is more likely to happen.

I don't think it was a foul but can't shake the feeling if that happened to a "big" club at that time in a game the ref would have pulled it.

So do you think players should be allowed to put their hands on the keeper when they're about to catch the ball? Should that be part of the game?

So do you think players should be allowed to put their hands on the keeper when they're about to catch the ball? Should that be part of the game?

It's not even the arms on the shoulders I have an issue with, it's the big fucking hands waving right in front of his face as Dúbravka is trying to keep his eye on the ball.

If that's all good and legal I have no idea why Steven Taylor stopped at jumping up and down in front of the opposition keepers, being a tit. He should have just gone all the way and chucked a potato sack over their heads.

Guest reefatoon

Of course it was a clanger. He needs to be stronger in that situation, he should be either punching that or taking everything with it. He was to soft in trying to catch it, not sure if he thought he had more time than he did or if he didn't get a call, but he needed to be dealing with that a lot stronger than what he did. Saying that. I totally rate him and just think it was a lapse and I am sure he will make sure of getting that ball no matter what next time.

Leverage init, goes on all the time with attackers and defenders vying for headers unpunished. Part and parcel of the game albeit when it happens to keepers the ref normally calls for a foul, wrongly. Officials though, eh?

If it's not a foul then we've obviously missed a major change in reffing which we need to exploit. I'd now be telling my strikers to jump before the keeper so that they can get their arms around his neck and use him as leverage and try to block his jump/arms/view. Considering this is now legal, I'd be putting Rondon on the keeper every chance we get and just loading constant high balls into the box.

The 'being stronger' argument could be true if he was challenging fairly for the ball, he's got a hand in his face pulling him back :lol: That's going to impede anyone no matter how hard he tries.  It's only a clanger if it's 100% his fault, which it isn't.  I'm sure he will try to make it his next time, but if he's got hands round his face again he'll probably not get it.