Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Poor decision to try and catch it under pressure. Just punch it away ffs. Don't think he was fouled. Had a good game before that, same as last week.

Agree with this. He looked assured bar the odd time he came for it and then backtracked. Handling was really good. Then that in the 95th minute.

He’s trying to relieve the pressure. They were getting a flurry of corners and crosses in, he’d been taking everything. If he’s not fouled he’s catches it, falls on top of the ball, launches it and it’s game over.

Wasn't a foul though.

Should have been though.

If we're 1-0 down in the 95th minute and that happens down the other end of the pitch with Rondon and the goal gets disallowed everyone would be up in arms and saying it's a perfectly legitimate goal, which it was.

If that happens down the other end, the foul WOULD be given.

I don't think so. There's not a foul there to give. He gets up earlier than Dubravka and the Keeper makes a poor decision to try to catch it under pressure and is beaten to the ball.

:lol: He's beaten to the ball because it goes through his hands due to Boly hitting his right arm and then leaving it on his face.

Boly is up in the air first and in a completely natural heading movement. He's playing the ball not Dubravka. I dont think there's a rule in place that says the keeper cant be touched at all.

No but there’s a rule saying you can’t impede an opponent by sticking your forearm in their face. It’s called a foul.

Poor decision to try and catch it under pressure. Just punch it away ffs. Don't think he was fouled. Had a good game before that, same as last week.

Agree with this. He looked assured bar the odd time he came for it and then backtracked. Handling was really good. Then that in the 95th minute.

He’s trying to relieve the pressure. They were getting a flurry of corners and crosses in, he’d been taking everything. If he’s not fouled he’s catches it, falls on top of the ball, launches it and it’s game over.

Wasn't a foul though.

Should have been though.

If we're 1-0 down in the 95th minute and that happens down the other end of the pitch with Rondon and the goal gets disallowed everyone would be up in arms and saying it's a perfectly legitimate goal, which it was.

I don't think so. There's not a foul there to give. He gets up earlier than Dubravka and the Keeper makes a poor decision to try to catch it under pressure and is beaten to the ball.

:lol: He's beaten to the ball because it goes through his hands due to Boly hitting his right arm and then leaving it on his face.

Nah. He just needs to put his fists behind it and we don't need to have this conversation. He was slow getting up, the Wolves player had the run on him (and therefore could get up higher) and put it away.

You would be raging if we had a goal disallowed for that and you know it.

Wasn't a foul though.

Should have been though.

Boly is up in the air first and in a completely natural heading movement. He's playing the ball not Dubravka. I dont think there's a rule in place that says the keeper cant be touched at all.

• It is an offence to restrict the movement of the goalkeeper by unfairly impeding him

It was weak and that’s why it wasn’t given as a foul.  I don’t think Boly pins him in. He challenges for the ball pretty fairly, if that was a defender jumping it’s nowhere near a foul.  He doesn’t barge into Dubravka.  Also Dubravka doesn’t get anywhere near the ball.

It’s weak.

You hope it’s a foul but eve with VAR I reckon it stands.

Wasn't a foul though.

Should have been though.

• It is an offence to restrict the movement of the goalkeeper by unfairly impeding him

I'll just add 'in the opinion of the merry whistle blower' who is in charge.

Guest neesy111

It was weak and that’s why it wasn’t given as a foul.  I don’t think Boly pins him in. He challenges for the ball pretty fairly, if that was a defender jumping it’s nowhere near a foul.  He doesn’t barge into Dubravka.  Also Dubravka doesn’t get anywhere near the ball.

It’s weak.

It's debatable on both viewpoints. 

It’s weak.

The way they seem to use slo-mo, I’m more inclined to think they’d sway towards the foul.

It’s weak.

The way they seem to use slo-mo, I’m more inclined to think they’d sway towards the foul.

Very good point like.

Rafa thinks he should have punched and not tried to catch. Carragher said he brought Reina in at Liverpool because he knew how to punch and that scared opposition forwards because they didn’t want to take a punch in the face. Probably explains why he liked Sels, who loved to try a punch.

Rafa thinks he should have punched and not tried to catch. Carragher said he brought Reina in at Liverpool because he knew how to punch and that scared opposition forwards because they didn’t want to take a punch in the face. Probably explains why he liked Sels, who loved to try a punch.

In hindsight it was a bad decision to try to catch it, but the ball was floated up in the air a long time and I think he thought that's one he can catch. He's generally a keeper who does like to claim the ball when the cross comes high tbf, very difficult to change your instincts because it's the last few seconds of the game.

In hindsight it was a bad decision to try to catch it, but the ball was floated up in the air a long time and I think he thought that's one he can catch. He's generally a keeper who does like to claim the ball when the cross comes high tbf, very difficult to change your instincts because it's the last few seconds of the game.

Was thinking the same thing. If he didn't make that mistake, he had a solid game overall.  He made some quality saves particular in the first half when it went between Schar's leg. Our other keepers wouldn't have saved that in my opinion.

Guest reefatoon

After watching that goal now, the ball goes through his hands before the player has arms on him like. Definitely a clanger from the keeper.

After watching that goal now, the ball goes through his hands before the player has arms on him like. Definitely a clanger from the keeper.

There is not a chance that in the 1/100th of a second where the ball passed through his hands that Boly could have moved his arms into that position AFTER it went through his hands.

His shot-stopping is his strength. He can be a bit unsure of himself with crosses unfortunately. There's no way I'd drop him though.

He was criticised a bit unfairly for the goals against Man U and Spurs, because in those instances the ball dipped and bounced right in front of him, and that can be tricky. However, this one was a bit of a howler.

ON - interesting photo. Most refs automatically give a foul when the keeper is challenged in the goal area. But he still should have punched and not taken any chances.