Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Is that actually a law, though? Like depending what box you’re in and who’s going for the ball, has some sort of bearing? That sounds ridiculous. But happy to be corrected if that is the case.

No, you judge every challenge on their individual merit. Unfortunately GK's are protected more than they should be, you see GK come all the time with their studs showing and no foul for dangerous play ever given.

Imo the laws aren't being applied properly, and i say that as someone who does, well did do it but injury has stopped me now. You just protect GK's more than you should do, not sure why it just happens.

Actually I stand corrected. Been awhile.

Poor decision to try and catch it under pressure. Just punch it away ffs. Don't think he was fouled. Had a good game before that, same as last week.

Agree with this. He looked assured bar the odd time he came for it and then backtracked. Handling was really good. Then that in the 95th minute.

He’s trying to relieve the pressure. They were getting a flurry of corners and crosses in, he’d been taking everything. If he’s not fouled he’s catches it, falls on top of the ball, launches it and it’s game over.

Wasn't a foul though.

Should have been though.

If we're 1-0 down in the 95th minute and that happens down the other end of the pitch with Rondon and the goal gets disallowed everyone would be up in arms and saying it's a perfectly legitimate goal, which it was.

Nope, it would've been a foul.

Cheers Bimpy and Quakes. Sums it up, sort of :lol:

Always thought keepers get away with coffin tackles and flying about like loons. But if you so much as look at one when a cross comes in. Then it’s a foul. Always seemed odd, to me.

Don't 'cheeers' me. I am actually wrong on this one, because there is a difference between law and practice. Bimpy is right.

Is that actually a law, though? Like depending what box you’re in and who’s going for the ball, has some sort of bearing? That sounds ridiculous. But happy to be corrected if that is the case.

No, you judge every challenge on their individual merit. Unfortunately GK's are protected more than they should be, you see GK come all the time with their studs showing and no foul for dangerous play ever given.

Imo the laws aren't being applied properly, and i say that as someone who does, well did do it but injury has stopped me now. You just protect GK's more than you should do, not sure why it just happens.

Actually I stand corrected. Been awhile.

Honestly mate you're basically right, you would think there are different rules for GK's the way games are refereed.

The law is focused on protecting the goalkeeper. So body challenges most often will favor the keeper. I remember this much from a refereeing course.

Hands around the face will certainly be considered illegal in the six yard box, no matter how accidental.

The thing for me was Boly was up there first. Dubravka went up second and was back pedalling as he did so.

Yeah it’s bullshit in that 90% of the time they just benefit of the doubt the keeper in that spot, and the time it happened was sickening. And the fact wolves have preivious this season makes it worse.

But that doesn’t make it the wrong decision imo :(

No, you judge every challenge on their individual merit. Unfortunately GK's are protected more than they should be, you see GK's come out all the time with their studs showing and no foul for dangerous play ever given.

Imo the laws aren't being applied properly, and i say that as someone who does, well did do it but injury has stopped me now. You just protect GK's more than you should do, not sure why, it just happens.

Boly does that to De Gea or Ederson it's a free kick.

The commentators on my feed were saying it wasn't a foul. Clean missing the catch with a decent view of it is pretty disappointing. Not sure VAR would have saved us there.

Poor decision to try and catch it under pressure. Just punch it away ffs. Don't think he was fouled. Had a good game before that, same as last week.

Agree with this. He looked assured bar the odd time he came for it and then backtracked. Handling was really good. Then that in the 95th minute.

He’s trying to relieve the pressure. They were getting a flurry of corners and crosses in, he’d been taking everything. If he’s not fouled he’s catches it, falls on top of the ball, launches it and it’s game over.

Wasn't a foul though.

Should have been though.

If we're 1-0 down in the 95th minute and that happens down the other end of the pitch with Rondon and the goal gets disallowed everyone would be up in arms and saying it's a perfectly legitimate goal, which it was.

If that happens down the other end, the foul WOULD be given.

Wasn't a foul though.

Should have been though.

Nope, it would've been a foul.

You're wrong.

No, you judge every challenge on their individual merit. Unfortunately GK's are protected more than they should be, you see GK's come out all the time with their studs showing and no foul for dangerous play ever given.

Imo the laws aren't being applied properly, and i say that as someone who does, well did do it but injury has stopped me now. You just protect GK's more than you should do, not sure why, it just happens.

Boly does that to De Gea or Ederson it's a free kick.

The commentators on my feed were saying it wasn't a foul. Clean missing the catch with a decent view of it is pretty disappointing. Not sure VAR would have saved us there.

Aye i get that, not to defend the ref but he gets one look in a split second, this is why VARS should have been in place, it's utterly pathetic the MLS, leagues in Germany, Italy, Poland (i think) Netherlands etc use it and we don't.

OK it might still have been given but to not have the option of VARS in the richest league in the world is ridiculous.

Wasn't a foul though.

Should have been though.

I think he did do it against Ederson this season.

Wasn't a foul though.

Should have been though.

I don't think so. There's not a foul there to give. He gets up earlier than Dubravka and the Keeper makes a poor decision to try to catch it under pressure and is beaten to the ball.

Guest neesy111

He's a good goalkeeper making a few errors, unless we want to spend £30m+ on one then he's the best we've got by a mile.

Still think he was more let down by his defence on the goal tonight.  Wolves player was left unchallenged.

He's a good goalkeeper making a few errors, unless we want to spend £30m+ on one then he's the best we've got by a mile.

Still think he was more let down by his defence on the goal tonight. Wolves player was left unchallenged.

Aye, Schar should have blocked Boly off imo, foul or not.

Still think he was more let down by his defence on the goal tonight.  Wolves player was left unchallenged.

This is something people have totally ignored for some reason.

Wasn't a foul though.

Should have been though.

I don't think so. There's not a foul there to give. He gets up earlier than Dubravka and the Keeper makes a poor decision to try to catch it under pressure and is beaten to the ball.

:lol: He's beaten to the ball because it goes through his hands due to Boly hitting his right arm and then leaving it on his face.

Wasn't a foul though.

Should have been though.

:lol: He's beaten to the ball because it goes through his hands due to Boly hitting his right arm and then leaving it on his face.

:thup:

Wasn't a foul though.

Should have been though.

Boly is up in the air first and in a completely natural heading movement. He's playing the ball not Dubravka. I dont think there's a rule in place that says the keeper cant be touched at all.