Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Poor decision to try and catch it under pressure. Just punch it away ffs. Don't think he was fouled. Had a good game before that, same as last week.

Agree with this. He looked assured bar the odd time he came for it and then backtracked. Handling was really good. Then that in the 95th minute.

Poor decision to try and catch it under pressure. Just punch it away ffs. Don't think he was fouled. Had a good game before that, same as last week.

Agree with this. He looked assured bar the odd time he came for it and then backtracked. Handling was really good. Then that in the 95th minute.

He’s trying to relieve the pressure. They were getting a flurry of corners and crosses in, he’d been taking everything. If he’s not fouled he’s catches it, falls on top of the ball, launches it and it’s game over.

Love him. Probably should have punched it, but hey, he was either going to catch the ball or be fouled. We've been fucked over, again.

I see it as the same as the Rafa situation, he's quality, but some people can't look at the bigger picture and lose their head if we're not winning.

:lol:

It's literally nothing like the Rafa situation. He was playing well, but silly errors are starting to creep into his game.

Like being fouled?

I don’t think it’s a foul. The still image makes it look like one. Slow mo and real time, I don’t think it is at all.

Boly gets there first and doesn’t pin or push him. His hands come down a bit on his shoulders at the last second. Never a foul if it is an attacker vs defender. Is there different laws when it is a keeper? I mean, it does seem like it’s non-contact when it comes to challenging a keeper. But I’m not having that as a foul.

He’s trying to relieve the pressure. They were getting a flurry of corners and crosses in, he’d been taking everything. If he’s not fouled he’s catches it, falls on top of the ball, launches it and it’s game over.

Spot on.

Love him. Probably should have punched it, but hey, he was either going to catch the ball or be fouled. We've been fucked over, again.

I see it as the same as the Rafa situation, he's quality, but some people can't look at the bigger picture and lose their head if we're not winning.

It's literally nothing like the Rafa situation. He was playing well, but silly errors are starting to creep into his game.

Like being fouled?

It probably is a foul, but he also should have punched it. You're also forgetting Spurs and Man United.

I like hin and happen to think he's been very good overall, but it doesn't mean the bloke is immune from criticism.

People saying it didn't look a foul in real-time, go back and listen to the commentary. They were pretty sure it wasn't going to be a goal for a second or 2.

It looked a blatant foul in real-time to me as well. Replays just confirm that.

Like being fouled?

It probably is a foul, but he also should have punched it. You're also forgetting Spurs and Man United.

I like hin and happen to think he's been very good overall, but it doesn't mean the bloke is immune from criticism.

Well we can agree on that, but it's still a foul.

Can't even remember Man Utd tbh, hardly that recent is it.

I don’t think it’s a foul. The still image makes it look like one. Slow mo and real time, I don’t think it is at all.

Boly gets there first and doesn’t pin or push him. His hands come down a bit on his shoulders at the last second. Never a foul if it is an attacker vs defender. Is there different laws when it is a keeper? I mean, it does seem like it’s non-contact when it comes to challenging a keeper. But I’m not having that as a foul.

Except that it is in the goal area, which will always by the rules favor the keeper.

Wasn't a foul though.

Except that it is in the goal area, which will always by the rules favor the keeper.

Is that a rule?

Is that a rule?

Challenges are treated differently in the goal area, which generally favor the keeper.

Wasn't a foul though.

Should have been though.

Is that actually a law, though? Like depending what box you’re in and who’s going for the ball, has some sort of bearing? That sounds ridiculous. But happy to be corrected if that is the case.

No, you judge every challenge on their individual merit. Unfortunately GK's are protected more than they should be, you see GK's come out all the time with their studs showing and no foul for dangerous play ever given.

Imo the laws aren't being applied properly, and i say that as someone who does, well did do it but injury has stopped me now. You just protect GK's more than you should do, not sure why, it just happens.

Wasn't a foul though.

Should have been though.

If we're 1-0 down in the 95th minute and that happens down the other end of the pitch with Rondon and the goal gets disallowed everyone would be up in arms and saying it's a perfectly legitimate goal, which it was.