Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

He nearly dropped a rick which cost us a point on Saturday, totally misjudged that cross at the end which left the open goal for the header. I mean he's obviously great for the money we've spent to keep it in context, but there's been the odd mistake creeping in.

Probably his most important signing, with huge consideration given to the fact that the other options are trash.

I was thinking that maybe he has been the best signing but can argue Gayle's goals in the Championship and Ritchie's influence over the last two seasons outweigh him so far. I remember when we signed him and had people saying have to stick with Elliot or Darlow for now and without ever seeing him play I said you've got to stick him in as he can't be any worse than what we had.

He nearly dropped a rick which cost us a point on Saturday, totally misjudged that cross at the end which left the open goal for the header. I mean he's obviously great for the money we've spent to keep it in context, but there's been the odd mistake creeping in.

Like virtually all of our players, his form isn’t where it was at the end of 17/18.

1. This makes our defence look shite

2. He parries a lot, so I'm thankful that he's got great recovery saves too

3. I think there'll be a lot of back post tap ins from parries incoming at some point however if opposition pay attention

4. I still love him and his hair

Like virtually all of our players, his form isn’t where it was at the end of 17/18.

He’s kept two clean sheets and played 4 of the top 6 clubs from last season conceding 8. That’ll compare favourably with the majority of keepers this season.

Most important and best signing Rafa has done.

The other good signings hes done are still signings that needs to be improved at some point or are getting on age wise. Dubravka has many years left and is the second last player that needs to be replaced in the squadability wise after Lascelles.

He’s kept two clean sheets and played 4 of the top 6 clubs from last season conceding 8. That’ll compare favourably with the majority of keepers this season.

He's one of the better keepers in the Premier, if you take value for money, probably the best. Even the top keepers will make the odd mistake.

Ritchie > Gayle > Dubravka > Clark, then you're onto Diame and the rest.

Clark? Gayle? Over Lejeune?

For me it goes Ritchie > Dubravka > Lejeune without doubt

We wouldn't have even been in a position to sign Lejeune if it wasn't for Gayle's goals in the Championship. And Clark was vital at the back. Lejeune did well in the second half of last season and has a lot of potential but I wouldn't put his contribution above the likes of Diame and Kenedy.

Guess it depends how you define best buy. I don't f.ex see Clark as a good buy as he was nothing special, and Rafa could easily have gotten a similar solid but unspectacular player in without much problems. Same goes for Ritchie and Gayle. They were the right players for the job at the time, but nothing to build upon once PL survival was secured.

Try finding as good a keeper as Dub for the same price.

We wouldn't have even been in a position to sign Lejeune if it wasn't for Gayle's goals in the Championship. And Clark was vital at the back. Lejeune did well in the second half of last season and has a lot of potential but I wouldn't put his contribution above the likes of Diame and Kenedy.

My question would be, would we be in the Premier League still without the partnership established by Lascelles & Lejeune last season? Flo was probably better than our captain for large periods, where as Clark was largely surplus and Gayle not good enough. Due to the higher level of the Premier League, I would deem Lejeune one of Rafa's top buys.

My question would be, would we be in the Premier League still without the partnership established by Lascelles & Lejeune last season? Flo was probably better than our captain for large periods, where as Clark was largely surplus and Gayle not good enough. Due to the higher level of the Premier League, I would deem Lejeune one of Rafa's top buys.

:thup:

Guess it depends how you define best buy. I don't f.ex see Clark as a good buy as he was nothing special, and Rafa could easily have gotten a similar solid but unspectacular player in without much problems.

I don't agree with that, I thought he was fantastic in the Championship, a lot better than what Lascelles was.

Compare him to someone like Hanley who we bought for more money and was extremely average

I disagree, Clark was good on the ball in the championship and it helped having a left footed centre back who was good on the ball rather than Hanley and Lascelles all season.

He's been poor for us in the PL but I think we forget that he was really good in the championship. Lascelles didn't even start our first game back in the PL when he was fully fit. I thought Clark was better throughout that season than Lascelles

I disagree, Clark was good on the ball in the championship and it helped having a left footed centre back who was good on the ball rather than Hanley and Lascelles all season.

He's been poor for us in the PL but I think we forget that he was really good in the championship. Lascelles didn't even start our first game back in the PL when he was fully fit. I thought Clark was better throughout that season than Lascelles

This.

This.

I appreciate what Clark did in that Championship season but Lejeune basically did the same thing a league above. But for his injury I think he would've shown it for a lot longer than the second half of the season too imo.