Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

his save from giroud was just so important. 1-1 and they build up a head of steam and we shit our pants.

instead we go up the other end and finish them off.

Literally paid for his own transfer fee with that save.

I love the first page of this thread, I'm not going to quote anyone as frankly we all felt the same way - who is this guy..?! What a find and what a way to prove to others you've always had the ability.

How did this guy go under the radar and not play in a big league before us?

It's a bitof a surprise like, look the qualities you need from a keeper:

Shot Stopping

Command of your area/coming for crosses

Communication

Distribution

He's excelled at every single one of these. At one point in the second half Chelsea had some decent possession, the crowd was a little quiet for a while, and you could clearly hear over the effect mic him bellowing out instructions, he immense and I'm just baffled why it's the end of the season and we've not already signed him.

his save from giroud was just so important. 1-1 and they build up a head of steam and we shit our pants.

Aye, literally.

He's only conceded 2 goals at home which is impressive

Aye, literally.

Great stat. Not like he hasn't been tested either, kept out a point blank effort against Man Utd towards the end of the game. And his two saves yesterday from Barkley & Giroud were top drawer. There'll be more I'm forgetting off the top of my head too.

Would definitely sign him for the money. Not sure he's going to be a world beater, but when you look at the glaring flaws of the rest of our army of goalkeepers, it's a no brainer.

Of course Mike will no doubt have some arbitrary policy about getting rid of 2 keepers, 3 youth players, a janitor and a tea lady before he'll sanction a goalkeeper signing.

Aye, literally.

Great stat. Not like he hasn't been tested either, kept out a point blank effort against Man Utd towards the end of the game. And his two saves yesterday from Barkley & Giroud were top drawer. There'll be more I'm forgetting off the top of my head too.

The penalty save v Watford (plus he saved the rebound) was canny as well.

Seen a few 'signings of the season' articles and no sign of this guy. Obviously Salah deserves best signing awards etc but Rafa went and bought this guy who immediately, into a new league, in his first fucking game for us turned us from relegation fodder to having one of the best defences in the league. Obviously other factors too, but panic turned to calm at the back.

Would definitely sign him for the money. Not sure he's going to be a world beater, but when you look at the glaring flaws of the rest of our army of goalkeepers, it's a no brainer.

:lol: It's a no brainer because he's been absolute class, more like.