Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

"5 years old, chopping some wood with a machete". Ha. in this country 5 year olds can't be trusted with plastic scissors.

Well it didn't exactly end well did it

How not? He's playing in the prem, for Rafa. Most people would cut off their left nut with a rusted tin can for that.

Enjoyed reading the article. It really looks like he has embraced the challenge, and spread confidence through the whole of the team.

I was going to say that his arrival was the stroke of luck we needed, but in Rafa's case, there's the old adage that the harder you work, the luckier you get.

For all the injuries to Dummett & Lascelles hurt during our poor run, or not having a Premier League quality striker most of the season, even if we'd just had this guy instead of Darlow for the Leicester & Everton games we'd be 8th with those two draws.

So who's old enough to remember Jon Dahl Tomasson ? Remember how he never seemed to recover from that one on one on his debut ? Did the opposite happen for Martin ? The first thing he was really called on to do on his debut was that one on one and he won, grew in stature and the confidence that goes with it.

Hoping this is a sealed deal.

So who's old enough to remember Jon Dahl Tomasson ? Remember how he never seemed to recover from that one on one on his debut ? Did the opposite happen for Martin ? The first thing he was really called on to do on his debut was that one on one and he won, grew in stature and the confidence that goes with it.

Most of this forum :lol:

Tomasson looked class in preseason, he’d have been a cracking partner for Shearer if Shearer hadn’t buckled himself.

I resent the implication that remembering him makes me old though. :lol:

To be fair, Tomasson was 20 years ago now. If someone in 2009 asked me if I could remember Frank Pingel then I'd know the name but couldn't exactly say I remember seeing him play like.

It's for the best and your lucky to have blocked him from your memory. Utter horse shite.

JDT was a cracking wee player who sadly was the wrong fit for the position he was needed to play, would be perfect #10 now for us (if he wasn't 74).

Most of this forum :lol:

You cheeky young scamp, away with you.

Similar to what Arsenal fans do for Ospina on goal-kicks, we should do for Dubravka but more in the style of Vic Reeves on Shooting Stars with Ulrika Jonsson, so "Duuubraaaaavkakakakakaaaaaaa".

You had to mention Ulrika man, i need to go somewhere private!

Similar to what Arsenal fans do for Ospina on goal-kicks, we should do for Dubravka but more in the style of Vic Reeves on Shooting Stars with Ulrika Jonsson, so "Duuubraaaaavkakakakakaaaaaaa".

You had to mention Ulrika man, i need to go somewhere private!

There is an obvious solution to that - remind yourself that Sven was there!

• 3 weeks later...