The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

I don't think City are that good and I think if they face PSG or Real Madrid in the CL at some stage they'll get battered

When I say "that good" like they're obviously very good, I just don't think they're as good as some are saying

Obviously one game proves nothing but I reiterate my point

Even with Messi, I doubt Barca would go unbeaten in the PL until 14 Jan with Delph playing LB.

Guest firetotheworks

If it's just one game that proves nothing, why are you bringing it up.

Because I don't want people to forget it when they get battered by PSG

PSG battering anyone is never going to be a great shout tbf. [emoji38]

I don't think City are that good and I think if they face PSG or Real Madrid in the CL at some stage they'll get battered

When I say "that good" like they're obviously very good, I just don't think they're as good as some are saying

Obviously one game proves nothing but I reiterate my point

Even with Messi, I doubt Barca would go unbeaten in the PL until 14 Jan with Delph playing LB.

Its not about going unbeaten though. I just think their vulnerabilities will get exploited on the break by a top team

If it's just one game that proves nothing, why are you bringing it up.

Because I don't want people to forget it when they get battered by PSG

We'll be sure to cast a medal for you.

The glory of being right on N-O is all I need

• 3 months later...

I don't listen to AM other than the clips I see on here (too many podcasts already) but I wouldn't expect Bob Mortimer's humour to translate particularly well abroad.

Does seem very British, which comes across very hit and miss here :thup:

• 3 weeks later...

I think that the unbeaten Arsenal invincible season is massively overrated. I didn't think much of it then and still don't now.

Do it domestically and win the Champions League and then I'll be impressed.

Guest neesy111

Was a great achievement, but I remember them riding their luck on numerous occasions that season.

Still think this city side is better.

Was a huge achievement imo, going unbeaten for a whole season and 49 games in total is more impressive than what Citeh have done this season.

Was a great achievement, but I remember them riding their luck on numerous occasions that season.

Still think this city side is better.

I don't think Citeh can say that until they go unbeaten. It's a phenomenal record; even if not all of Arsenal's performances were great that year, they still get to say "invincible".

The Jack Wilshere goal for Arsenal wasn't "that" good. I mean it was nice and all that but 1 or 2 of the components seems a bit bumbled (like the only reason Wilshere had to pass the ball back to Giroud in that fashion was because the pass into him was off).

I don't mind Fat Sam as a manager and was disappointed when he got himself sacked off the England job. I view England as the Stoke of world football and I think we need an appropriate manager. I was even a bit disappointed when he got sacked at Newcastle, but obviously over the moon when we got Keegan in.

Looking forward to being proved wrong this summer but how a former England central defender doesn't even look at one of the two highest rated centre backs by Opta for the whole season is not only criminal, it's vindictive. Does he have that much of his stint in Boro ingrained into him that he actively disuades himself from considering our players?

I don't mind Fat Sam as a manager and was disappointed when he got himself sacked off the England job. I view England as the Stoke of world football and I think we need an appropriate manager. I was even a bit disappointed when he got sacked at Newcastle, but obviously over the moon when we got Keegan in.

Glad someone mentioned Big Sam first :lol: Yeah, I was one of the few who was a bit gutted when Ashley sacked him. Was happy when he came in from Bolton and - ok we lost to Derby - but we weren't in particularly bad form.