The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Hazard said: “We [Hazard and Mourinho] would both like for me to score more. Us forwards need to score and to pass.

Hazard calls himself a forward. You are wrong.

Mind you, you think you're a good poster.

:snigger:

• 2 weeks later...

I quite like Sherwood. His honesty and approach are quite refreshing.

I wouldn't mind us having a manager with some passion and honesty like Sherwood, provided he has the knowledge.

He conducted himself ok up here too, think he called us a big club.

There, I said it.

I quite like Sherwood. His honesty and approach are quite refreshing.

I wouldn't mind us having a manager with some passion and honesty like Sherwood, provided he has the knowledge.

He conducted himself ok up here too, think he called us a big club.

There, I said it.

I liked his post match interview last night. He said he wants to play football and get results, Not grind out results playing dirty. I think Villa played some decent footy against West Brom.

His unpopularity on here is pretty embarrassing, mind. The bloke calls a spade a spade, likes to see himself as one of the fans and cultivate a strong channel of communication in that respect, and plays very attacking football. What's really to dislike? Pretty much every manager/league winning captain has a gargantuan ego, it's just generally offset by a veneer of humility.

What's to like though? He's a bloke whose arrogance far outweighs anything he's actually done, and who the media seem to plug for no apparent reason at all. Until he does something there's no reason at all to rate him as far as I can see.

Yeah but give the guy a chance, at least. That Canadian lad on here was calling him a crap manager the other week, in spite of the fact he's been a manager for less than a year in total and done a good job in that time.

I always hated Sherwood as a player.  Not sure why, but it's spilled into me not liking as a manager.  Seemed to do a good job at Spurs despite most Spurs fans I know thinking he wasn't very good.

http://i1.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/article8690086.ece/alternates/s615/SherwoodAdebayor.jpg

I cannot look past this moment tbh, it's tarnished him forever. He deserves his chance though, the fact he's arrogant means fuck all in that regard, just that if he falls he'll fall harder.

His unpopularity on here is pretty embarrassing, mind. The bloke calls a spade a spade, likes to see himself as one of the fans and cultivate a strong channel of communication in that respect, and plays very attacking football. What's really to dislike? Pretty much every manager/league winning captain has a gargantuan ego, it's just generally offset by a veneer of humility.

A few months ago he was claiming the Spurs fans hate Harry Kane because he's English and he got dogs abuse for playing him because he wasn't Spanish like Soldado. He talks bollocks, man.

Sherwood is an egotistical blagger who talks in cliches. Quite frankly it's embarrassing how much the media (SSN and BBC especially) want him to succeed and build him up- he couldn't shake off the 4-4-2 bug at Spurs, failing to accommodate the likes of Eriksen, Bentaleb, and Lamela. Look at that team now and those individuals now, totally different.

He'll get found out. He's a spoofer, man.

Sherwood is an egotistical blagger who talks in cliches. Quite frankly it's embarrassing how much the media (SSN and BBC especially) want him to succeed and build him up- he couldn't shake off the 4-4-2 bug at Spurs, failing to accommodate the likes of Eriksen, Bentaleb, and Lamela. Look at that team now and those individuals now, totally different.

I don't even like Sherwood but he's the one who gave Bentaleb his chance. He'd likely be in the reserves or out on loan if it wasn't for him. I thought Lamela was it on loan last season but not sure and Eriksen was the main man in Sherwood's side

I think this as well really, it's a mystery to me why so many people like him. Still, he might be able to motivate players to a certain extent and do alright based on that.

Guest firetotheworks

It seems canny obvious to me that he's doing it because it's contagious and it's something that works well as a manager.

Careful, or else Ron will huff and puff and blow your house down.

If you had owt about you as a poster you'd have done that for me. Just a criminally bad effort by Mistle. Spurs would've finished 3rd with their form under Sherwoord stretched over a full season. They're currently 6th. Vast improvement indeed.

Careful, or else Ron will huff and puff and blow your house down.

If you had owt about you as a poster you'd have done that for me. Just a criminally bad effort by Mistle. Spurs would've finished 3rd with their form under Sherwoord stretched over a full season. They're currently 6th. Vast improvement indeed.

Over 28 games he averaged 1.64 points per game, which would've given them 62.4 points over the course of 38 games. This would be less than the 69 points they actually ended up with. They would have finished 7th and not 6th.

Obviously it's just an average, but to state that he'd finish 3rd (>82 points), is rather far fetched.