The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get the love that Anita is receiving here right now. He's a tidy passer but almost all his passing is sideways/backwards. Jenas and Parker among others were hated for that here. His through balls and long balls are usually crap and he's yet to make a significant impact for us. These 7's he's getting would be 4s and 5s if he was Tiote.

:hmm:

NUFC-Online heresy alert - I don't believe either Cisse or Debuchy are useless.

Neither do I. Cisse definitely has some problems at the moment which go beyond tactical questions, and probably doesn't warrant a place in the XI at the moment, but can be good for us (or someone else if we were to move him on) again.

I still think Debuchy can be a good player for us. Didn't cover himself in glory yesterday, but some of the criticism of his performance was over the top considering the team performance in general.

Based on what?

That they're not shit and are actually decent players who happen to be out of form. We know what Cisse can do and Debuchy is still settling in. People seem to forget Coloccini was shit in his first season here, but impatience and overreaction seems to be de rigueur these days.

Based on what?

That they're not s*** and are actually decent players who happen to be out of form. We know what Cisse can do and Debuchy is still settling in. People seem to forget Coloccini was s*** in his first season here, but impatience and overreaction seems to be de rigueur these days.

They aren't shit I agree but Debuchy had been out of form since he came and Cisse has been ineffective for ages

Both are good players but in shocking form right now and should be dropped for a while.

That's fair enough, but as Dave posted there's little or no competition on the bench or squad due to inertia/tight-fistedness by our beloved leader and his drunk general.

• 3 weeks later...

Gus Poyet will keep us up

Ordinarily people live and learn, but you, you just live. I'm not saying you're stupid, but I am thinking it.  Some drink from the fountain of knowledge but it looks like you just gargled.

(If he shows his face again after these put-downs he's a better man than me.)

Ordinarily people live and learn, but you, you just live. I'm not saying you're stupid, but I am thinking it.  Some drink from the fountain of knowledge but it looks like you just gargled.

:lol: :lol:

Still here. Realise it's a big ask though.

Just waiting for someone to post the Mackem boom/bust cycle thing now.

Still here. Realise it's a big ask though.

Just waiting for someone to post the Mackem boom/bust cycle thing now.

I admire your optimism but he still has the appalling squad Musso put together . If he can get to January not too far from safety maybe Short will splash out but it is hard to be confident when you don't know whether Poyet has the qualies that a Premiership manager needs.

You heard the man, post the boom/bust cycle again!

Honestly though I think it's a smart move for them to appoint him on a two-year contract. That way, after relegation this season, he can use his championship experience to get them promoted at the first time of asking, then after a poor start to the season they can sack him shortly before the derby again.

Cyclical.