The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

I like Ian Holloway and I think the feeling of "oh, he might not be as funny as many people first thought" is completely overplayed.

He's an entertaining character, a decent manager and football is far better off with people like him.

Not sure why people are so against a creative midfielder.

We are clearly crying out for one, but no lets buy a striker with no service and expect things to magically change....

We could buy 10 strikers and nothing would change because the team has no width or creativity.

Guest bimpy474

We are clearly crying out for one, but no lets buy a striker with no service and expect things to magically change....

We could buy 10 strikers and nothing would change because the team has no width or creativity.

Buy a creative striker who drops into spaces, a Beardsley type. Not sure who and where from mind. Two birds with one stone and all that.

Buy a creative striker who drops into spaces, a Beardsley type. Not sure who and where from mind. Two birds with one stone and all that.

That's not a bad idea either, problem is where could we get such a player on our budget? :lol:

Guest bimpy474

That's not a bad idea either, problem is where could we get such a player on our budget? :lol:

Aye that does prove a bit of a problem :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Surely Harem could play that role?

I think so, Pardew has flirted with it, Just hasn't given a good enough go to see if it will work.

Guest bimpy474

Surely Harem could play that role?

Usually struggles to create space for himself and those around him from what i have seen.

Aye, he does seem to be better when he's coming in from wide, gets a bit crowded our starting inside. Not a bad thing to give a go though to see if he can make a go of it. You would have thought pre season was the time to try, instead of using the same tactics and formation we've used with so little success (4-2-3-1) last season.

I don't rate Ramires very highly. He's a great athlete, but an average footballer, imo.

I said something similar last night. He doesn't do anything of note most games, just standing at the centre circle passing to the nearest player.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not sure that I believe in what it means to support your club any more. (I would class this as Bobby Robsons "What is a club in any case?" definition) 

I'm not sure that I believe in what it means to support your club any more. (I would class this as Bobby Robsons "What is a club in any case?" definition)

Support is simple. Pay yer subs. Cheer on the team.

It's the emotional ties beyond that that are giving us a good kicking right now. I reckon those small moments of joy and pride will always make it worth it though.

Guest icemanblue

Support is simple. Pay yer subs. Cheer on the team.

It's the emotional ties beyond that that are giving us a good kicking right now. I reckon those small moments of joy and pride will always make it worth it though.

:thup: It's what keeps dragging you back, year after year. It's what 'supporting' a team is all about.

In your 3 man midfield (Barça aside) Ramires is the sort of up & down work horse you need alongside your deep lying and advanced playmaker IMO to make it work properly.

Yep.

He's a real danger when Chelsea play counter-attacking football. Was brilliant when Chelsea won the CL (against Barca he scored and assisted superbly) and FA Cup.