The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

I think bringing back standing areas is a bad idea, can see it now fights breaking out "oi daft cunt watch where ya jumping" and so on, even if there was a minimum age set this shit would still happen. Not to mention the mass pick pocketing that would go on, its an organised gang crime now a days the opportunity would be to great to miss.

:lol: haddaway man

It wouldn't come back as it was, it'd be implemented as it is in Germany with rail seating, so people pockets would be safe as the people behind wouldn't be close enough to get some 5 finger discount.

I think bringing back standing areas is a bad idea, can see it now fights breaking out "oi daft cunt watch where ya jumping" and so on, even if there was a minimum age set this shit would still happen. Not to mention the mass pick pocketing that would go on, its an organised gang crime now a days the opportunity would be to great to miss.

:lol: haddaway man

It wouldn't come back as it was, it'd be implemented as it is in Germany with rail seating, so people pockets would be safe as the people behind wouldn't be close enough to get some 5 finger discount.

If it is like that it would be shit, old ways were amazing but as I said those days are gone but if you can't have a huge mass of fans all bounding around without any limitations then leave it as is.

Regarding safe standing, just have a look at Dortmunds league crowd. Fucking hell it's unreal.

How can you not want that at SJP? We should have the whole gallowgate fitted with them rails, double the capacity and charge half price to stand. The noise would be immense.

Regarding safe standing, just have a look at Dortmunds league crowd. Fucking hell it's unreal.

How can you not want that at SJP? We should have the whole gallowgate fitted with them rails, double the capacity and charge half price to stand. The noise would be immense.

:memelol:

I knew before I'd even clicked post how that was gonna go. :lol:

I've just been watching a couple of vids and I'm not sure Dortmund use the new rail type seats, fairly sure they reduce the capacity for the Champions league though.

I knew before I'd even clicked post how that was gonna go. :lol:

I've just been watching a couple of vids and I'm not sure Dortmund use the new rail type seats, fairly sure they reduce the capacity for the Champions league though.

I think for Europe they just re-install the basic on top of the stair seats, same for a few clubs.

I constantly look at Spurs dealings in transfer market, recent managerial appointment, and their recent up-turn the past few years with so much envy - always thinking there was a period we would and could have been head to head with them and have since taken a massive nose dive.

I constantly look at Spurs dealings in transfer market, recent managerial appointment, and their recent up-turn the past few years with so much envy - always thinking there was a period we would and could have been head to head with them and have since taken a massive nose dive.

I doubt that's an unpopular opinion at all.

It's pretty much why I hate them, really. We were better than them with SBR, and from that point onwards we've been mismanaged in every direction, whilst they've made sensible decisions and invested intelligently. We had a better team and more money, and we blew it. Fucking cunts.

Top level competitive football at the highest level throughout Europe and probably the World is non-existant because of money. There is no longer the opportunity for good coaching and a well run club to succeed at the highest level. Less than 20 years ago we nearly won the Premiership, now we have no chance at all and without massive investment are not capable of finishing in the top four. We have no players that are good enough to play for the top sides, and none of the top sides want any of them. Football is currently from a competitive point of view at club level a complete waste of time.

Top level competitive football at the highest level throughout Europe and probably the World is non-existant because of money. There is no longer the opportunity for good coaching and a well run club to succeed at the highest level. Less than 20 years ago we nearly won the Premiership, now we have no chance at all and without massive investment are not capable of finishing in the top four. We have no players that are good enough to play for the top sides, and none of the top sides want any of them. Football is currently from a competitive point of view at club level a complete waste of time.

Yep, it's no longer a sporting competition at all. I've been saying this for ages.

It's pretty much why I hate them, really. We were better than them with SBR, and from that point onwards we've been mismanaged in every direction, whilst they've made sensible decisions and invested intelligently. We had a better team and more money, and we blew it. f***ing c***s.

That's pretty much it. My hate is more jealousy. When we beat them at SJP on the opening day last season I went mental, I thought - OK, here we go - few signings before the deadline and we'll kick on this season, build on the momentum...was so damn off and wrong it's just sad.

Ryan Giggs should get the same treatment as John Terry from fans for cheating on his wife with his brothers wife

I mean I might be wrong but I wouldn't put infidelity anywhere near the top of the lost on reasons why john Terry receives so much vitriol and hatred.