Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Should have been playing weeks ago.

Darlow has done okay in his absence but should have been dropped a while ago now.

As the fat huffy bastard has now waited too long he has put unneeded pressure on Dubravka to come in and be outstanding which isn't fair.

I think he'll be back at the weekend. Bruce was waiting for something to make the decision for him and hearing him keep bringing up about Darlow being beaten on the near post, that it was a cardinal sin, something we need to look at etc tells me that he has found a way to have the decision made for him and justified

Imagine if he doesn't have a blinder and Bruce put Darlow back in :anguish:

I’m already worried we won’t keep a clean sheet and there’s something that can be pinned on Dubravka. Darlow will be straight back in and Bruce will be praised by his media mates.

I don't think it's a huge error for the goal, but he'll feel he should've kept it out but it was a great header.

Was one of those where if he saves it, it's an exceptional save and therefore shouldn't go down as a massive error. He would expect to do better I'm sure, and I get it because when a keeper gets down to it and it goes in it's easy to say it's his fault.

Won us a point at the end with a save that barely makes any sense, so we should be applauding him really not criticising.

I much prefer him to Darlow and I will actually give him credit for summat that didn't work out as well.

First half he took a cross and went for the quick throw. It was intercepted, but it was the right idea. Would prefer to see something like that than Darlow's predictable hold-on-for-an-age-then-just-aimlessly-boot-it-down-the-middle-onto-the-head-of-the-centre-half approach.

I much prefer him to Darlow and I will actually give him credit for summat that didn't work out as well.

First half he took a cross and went for the quick throw. It was intercepted, but it was the right idea. Would prefer to see something like that than Darlow's predictable hold-on-for-an-age-then-just-aimlessly-boot-it-down-the-middle-onto-the-head-of-the-centre-half approach.

It was really good distribution tbh, textbook. And if it had gone to Saint Maximin or Almiron it would have set away a promising counter. Think Joelinton just got it stuck behind him, but regardless it's things like that which make him our number 1.

It was a cracking header but i feel like Dubravka was a bit flat-footed and would ususally have kept that out if his sharpness was at it’s peak.  You can’t really expect that in his first match back after injury i don’t think.  Annoying cos he should’ve had 5 or 6 games under his belt by now.