Video Assistant Referees (VAR)

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do the VAR assistants also get a winners medal this season? Liverpool have bought this title, in 20 years it'll come out how the whole thing was setup by a team of crack programmers from the University of Liverpool.

Was watching the first half on Rush. Hoddle made a decent point at HT. There's total over-analysis of a tiny line showing a part of the body that's offside. Offside's taken into account the moment the ball is played. They never over-analyse what that precise moment is. He said it's complete overkill but if you're going to make decisions on such tiny, precise details, you need to look at both sides. If not, don't bother with either.

The offside rule is a joke with or without VAR. To the letter of the law, the sorts of offsides like Pukki as well are offside, it shouldn’t be.

difference is without VAR is 9/10 times in really tight offside calls the attacker is given the benefit of the doubt and aren't flagged

The offside rule is a joke with or without VAR. To the letter of the law, the sorts of offsides like Pukki as well are offside, it shouldn’t be.

difference is without VAR is 9/10 times in really tight offside calls the attacker is given the benefit of the doubt and aren't flagged

Without VAR all you got were more offside calls because the linesmen couldn’t be certain so guessed. How many times did people call for them to give the benefit of the doubt to the forwards? It rarely happened.

Hilarious seeing all the journalists and ex-players who were avidly in favour of it backpedaling like fuck.

Football's Brexit. You'll not be able to find a single person who admits ever being in favour of it by the end of the season.

Souness said if any part of you is onside, you're onside. I've been saying that for ages and Nut you've been an absolute zealot in favour of this, don't pretend otherwise now. :lol:

It’s a slight difference to what Souness said but not much! If you go back to August I’m 100% I agree with VAR and I think the offside law needs to evolve to move with it. That’s still my opinion.

an alternative to binning var since too many people in positions of power in football have too much invested in it to allow it to fail is a 30 second timer, if VAR can't make a decision on offsides inside 30 seconds tough shit on field decision stands