Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It doesn't matter how much baggage the Saudi's had, or how often they made the examination process more awkward. The simple fact is that, based on their own O&D test, their was nothing about the Saudis that could fail the test. If there was a proven link to piracy then it would have failed weeks ago. The PL didn't want the headache of being harrassed by Quatar, the London-based media and the establishment clubs after they'd have passed it, so they effectively wanted to fail it. But they knew that they couldn't do that so sat on it till the Saudis got pissed off with being messed about. We have been royally shafted, and shame on anyone who starts trying to justify the PL's actions.

In total agreement with this and it should serve as a warning to any club who thinks they're are going to be allowed to compete with the "big boys".....PL will allow teams to be purchased by whoever they want until the financial backing of a new purchaser threatens to upset the establishment, why else would the concerns of Liverpool and Spurs be taken into consideration.....it has fuck all to do with them......this was never about human rights, I am even dubious if it was ever about piracy, it comes out that it was about sponsorship monies and the ability to ensure that the majority went to the privileged few, the same privileged few who it seems have actively destroyed our future

Fans of other clubs may laugh at us or not give a toss but they should know there is every chance next time it will be them........as supporters "if you tolerate this....then your" ....well you know how it goes

If the last 4 or 5 months have told us anything is that the PL is a closed shop. They're secretive, non compliant, uncommunicative and totally aloof to any criticism. They're quite happy to bunker down and say absolutely nothing and not bend to any external pressure. They've shamelessly knocked everything away with a flat bat and I don't think they're going to change now.

I admire the fans who want to challenge them and demands answers, I wish them well, but they'll neither do nor say anything about the process. The absolute best result is a short, concise, bland, 4 sentence statement saying the process was done properly according to the PL rules laid down and the buyers pulled out or words to that effect.

This is what we're dealing with. Letters, statements, petitions, blogs saying how shit they are, they've proven they don't give a single fuck. It's shit but this is just how they operate.

I also think this is getting overlooked, remember Keys and co seemed to have info that deal had stalled in previous week. Could it be that previous indications of approval changed when this cnut was appointed as Chairman on 1st June.

I think his coming into post definitely coincided with a change of view on the separation of PIF and KSA state.

Aye but Keys was sure it was going to pass until the Saudis suspended bein again

Wish I could get a hold of a BeoutQ set top box, no way am I going to keep lining the pockets of the Premier leagues royalty clubs who objected to the takeover.

The existence of BeoutQ is why they couldn't buy us you know.

Ironic that, considering the PL didn't give a fuck about the fella in your avatar. Even more ironic that BeoutQ will now double down in piracy and who will hapless widows fire off ghost written letters off to then?

Wish I could get a hold of a BeoutQ set top box, no way am I going to keep lining the pockets of the Premier leagues royalty clubs who objected to the takeover.

The existence of BeoutQ is why they couldn't buy us you know.

Ironic that, considering the PL didn't give a fuck about the fella in your avatar. Even more ironic that BeoutQ will now double down in piracy and who will hapless widows fire off ghost written letters off to then?

I’m extremely interested to see if this happens.

Didn't BEIN Sports Chief Executive actually write to all Premier League clubs urging them to block the takeover back in April?

He certainly did and this is a good read by Michael Martin on relationship between PL board and bein. I think this is looking murkier the more you read, though when it comes to Qatar we shouldn’t be surprised. At the very least would the consortium have grounds that the PL leaked confidential information, or do they get away with just saying it’s part of their investigations ?

IPTV buddy

Cheers lad. :thup:

The last few days has proven to me football is totally broken in this country. You have the PL obscuring their owners and directors test to prevent a takeover they didn't have the bollocks to reject. Further down the pyramid, the FL are taking the opposite approach and dishing out twelve point deductions at their own discretion.

It's a totally closed shop, aimed at channeling cash to the top of the pyramid. Anyone who threatens to challenge the status quo or climb the ladder aren't welcome. Football in this country is about four or five teams and if you don't like it, no one cares.

I'm done, what's the point in investing emotionally and financially into a game that is rigged against you? I've been feeling this way for a while, but watching what has happened at Wigan and of course with us is the straw the broke the camels back. Money has totally destroyed the English game and I can't really be bothered with it anymore.

I don’t really see what the PL have done wrong other than not actually failing the test. It was never gonna pass.

Essentially there wasn’t anything wrong with our bid that other clubs owners haven’t been found guilty of.

The problem they had was that the big clubs are pissing themselves because they have already seen how Man City, Chelsea, and to a lesser extent Blackburn were able to overthrow them in the past with more money than them. They don’t mind the likes of Villa and Wolves having owners who have money to say they can compete, but not actually threaten the established clubs. Having enough money to make those established clubs also rans is a no no.

I also highly suspect that Masters was awaiting a bribe, or waiting for one higher than BeIN/Qatar were offering, which wasn’t going to happen. You don’t get to have the career at the ECB and Premier League for as long as he has without expecting some brown envelopes to come across your desk for business deals to be finalised.

and that is the biggest load of bullshit i've seen in this thread which is impressive. Go on name what other premier league club owners have been even accused of facilitating a massive piracy operation?

LOL. Oh the widow! Oh the rotten head chopping Saudis!

Actually fuck that, those rotters broke piracy laws which might have threatened the job of daughter friend shagging middle aged tv presenters. :lol:

Agreed.

We’re very shit at being a militant fanbase. A significant % of match going fans are so scared of having to go shopping with their lass on a Saturday afternoon that they won’t even get involved in protests.

But the NUFC fans versus BeIn battle is futile. The premier league have a £500m investment from a commercial partner and they’re not going to fuck that up to appease a few thousand geordies who have ideas above their station.

What's left, 1 year? Its not worth £500m. The buyers would be investing more than that year 1, then on and on, unlocking a 35m viewer market. Those right treble with KSA being the one of the biggest markets in the deal.

Don't forget the draw we have as a club on viewing figures as well. When we drop out the league viewing figures tumble. We have more of a voice than you'd think.

When fans are allowed in if we have banners at every home match calling the pl corrupt in front of the tv cameras it wont get us anywhere but be nice to see them squirm with embarrassment  and just might have an effect on their ability to sell  the EPL tv rights.

I don’t really see what the PL have done wrong other than not actually failing the test. It was never gonna pass.

Essentially there wasn’t anything wrong with our bid that other clubs owners haven’t been found guilty of.

The problem they had was that the big clubs are pissing themselves because they have already seen how Man City, Chelsea, and to a lesser extent Blackburn were able to overthrow them in the past with more money than them. They don’t mind the likes of Villa and Wolves having owners who have money to say they can compete, but not actually threaten the established clubs. Having enough money to make those established clubs also rans is a no no.

I also highly suspect that Masters was awaiting a bribe, or waiting for one higher than BeIN/Qatar were offering, which wasn’t going to happen. You don’t get to have the career at the ECB and Premier League for as long as he has without expecting some brown envelopes to come across your desk for business deals to be finalised.

and that is the biggest load of bullshit i've seen in this thread which is impressive. Go on name what other premier league club owners have been even accused of facilitating a massive piracy operation?

Actually fuck that, those rotters broke piracy laws which might have threatened the job of daughter friend shagging middle aged tv presenters. :lol:

Oh I find the fact all the evil shit SA gets up to is irrelevant to any potential takeover to be rather disturbing but we can only deal with facts and the only things the premier league gave half a shit about was beoutq. Though all the rest of the evil shit they get up to should automatically disqualify them

The league only cares about its friends. They certainly do not care or respect any of the Newcastle United supporters or the club itself. They don’t give a shit about the region. They don’t give a shit about any of it. So while many of you can go and sit on your mighty horses and say the Pif bid was flawed and etc etc etc just remember at the very bare bones of it they didn’t give a single fuck about any of us. So whether you wanted PIF or not, they didn’t reject the takeover on morality and say the people of Newcastle should not have their club in the hands of XYZ who committed xyz, they just sat on it for 17 weeks and made 0 decision. They didn’t respect our angst or frustrations to bloody comment on it yet. They have done nothing. A lack or transparency and respect that is absolutely due. It’s grossly negligent behavior.

Oh I find the fact all the evil shit SA gets up to is irrelevant to any potential takeover to be rather disturbing but we can only deal with facts and the only things the premier league gave half a shit about was beoutq. Though all the rest of the evil shit they get up to should automatically disqualify them

"rather disturbing"  :lol:

Fark off man, and take your other somewhat morally outraged Khashoggi friends with you.

Agreed.

We’re very shit at being a militant fanbase. A significant % of match going fans are so scared of having to go shopping with their lass on a Saturday afternoon that they won’t even get involved in protests.

But the NUFC fans versus BeIn battle is futile. The premier league have a £500m investment from a commercial partner and they’re not going to fuck that up to appease a few thousand geordies who have ideas above their station.

What's left, 1 year? Its not worth £500m. The buyers would be investing more than that year 1, then on and on, unlocking a 35m viewer market. Those right treble with KSA being the one of the biggest markets in the deal.

Don't forget the draw we have as a club on viewing figures as well. When we drop out the league viewing figures tumble. We have more of a voice than you'd think.

When fans are allowed in if we have banners at every home match calling the pl corrupt in front of the tv cameras it wont get us anywhere but be nice to see them squirm with embarrassment  and just might have an effect on their ability to sell  the EPL tv rights.

STOP

GOING

TO

GAMES

Feel absolutely nothing reading this, and got to say I remain unconvinced by any of it.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ashley-sets-deadline-newcastle-takeover-22455611

Just confirms my opinion that this Mauriss character is an Ashley accomplice who's investment will be carefully staged to screw the city of Newcastle even further.

It’s fake, a million percent.

The press releases sent out defending Chris Ronnie against accusations of bad practice when he was chief executive of JJB Sports were sent by Mike Ashley’s personal PR firm, Retail Week can reveal.

The company, Powerscourt Media, acts on behalf of the Sports Direct founder and said that the releases, dated August 11 and August 23, were “facilitated” by them as Ronnie did not have his own PR.

While there is no suggestion of any wrongdoing, the revelation could prompt increased speculation over the nature of the pair’s relationship. Ronnie, Ashley’s former right-hand man, went on to run JJB before exiting in controversial circumstances earlier this year.

Last week the Office of Fair Trading and the Serious Fraud Office raided the offices of JJB and Sports Direct as part of a parallel investigation into possible “concerted practice to dampen competition in the sports retail market from June 8, 2007 to March 25, 2009.”

It’s all bullshit man, there is no other bid.

The last few days has proven to me football is totally broken in this country. You have the PL obscuring their owners and directors test to prevent a takeover they didn't have the bollocks to reject. Further down the pyramid, the FL are taking the opposite approach and dishing out twelve point deductions at their own discretion.

It's a totally closed shop, aimed at channeling cash to the top of the pyramid. Anyone who threatens to challenge the status quo or climb the ladder aren't welcome. Football in this country is about four or five teams and if you don't like it, no one cares.

I'm done, what's the point in investing emotionally and financially into a game that is rigged against you? I've been feeling this way for a while, but watching what has happened at Wigan and of course with us is the straw the broke the camels back. Money has totally destroyed the English game and I can't really be bothered with it anymore.

It's not really a closed shop at all is it? It's a closed shop to people who pirate PL games from a broadcaster who pays millions to show the games