Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

People don't even know what the 11th signifies and that's the problem. As much as I agree we should admire our armed forces, I wear the poppy because I have relatives who now lie in sunken merchant vessels in the North Sea sank by U-boats in WW1 in a war they never subscribed to - a conflict forgotten in this whole debacle.

:thup:

Guest firetotheworks

My cringe ganglion exploded at line one of that. Whoever wrote that is a fucking embarrassment to all of us.

Edit: The Mag article, not what you posted Billy.

We think Mike Ashley is bad and the circus he has ringmastered here. Well spare a thought for my home town club and it's supporters.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/nov/05/coventry-city-sisu-southampton?CMP=share_btn_tw

United put beds ahead of football

Three years have passed since Ed Woodward, Manchester United’s executive vice-chairman, said he would look at returning the words “football club” to the team’s official badge and made it clear he did not agree with the decision, taken during the Peter Kenyon years, to remove it in the first place.

“I didn’t like that change of badge,” Woodward said. “Joel [Glazer] didn’t like that change. We will look at that and have a think about that. We are a football club, not a business.”

The two can go hand in hand, of course, but if United were serious about changing it back they appear to have quietly abandoned the idea and it is tempting sometimes to suspect their priorities might be somewhat blurred when they do not even hold a press conference after making Paul Pogba the world’s most expensive footballer but arranged one last week to plug a bedding company from Shanghai.

Wayne Rooney, Juan Mata and Luke Shaw looked absolutely thrilled, as you can imagine, to go through their carefully rehearsed lines about “the cutting-edge technology” of the mattress that had just been lugged on stage and I have it on good authority the players, as a whole, have been complaining behind the scenes about the increasing amount of time they are expected to devote to these kind of commercial events.

They get paid well enough, you might think, to suffer in silence but equally they probably have a point when they returned from one night game in London in the early hours and, rather than resting, had to clock in the following morning to film a go-kart race outside Old Trafford, driving a fleet of miniature Chevrolets.

That bit too  :lol: In their spare time they are also footballers

Yaya has released the following statement today on his situation at Manchester City this season.

“I wish to apologise – on behalf of myself and those who represent me – to the management team and all those working at the club for the misunderstandings from the past.

“Those statements do not represent my views on the club or the people who work there. I have nothing but respect for Manchester City and only wish the best for the football club.

“I am immensely proud to have played a part in the club’s history and want to help City succeed further. I live to play football and entertain the fans.

“On that note, I would like to thank all of the fans for their messages through this difficult period. This means a great deal to me and my family.”

http://www.officialyayatoure.com/manchester-city/statement/

This is a very long way of saying nothing. It genuinely makes zero points of interest. Impressive.