Graeme Jones

loki679

It is possible to be a good man manager and a good tactician at the same time - Brendan Rodgers, Klopp, Guardiola, Potter, even Dyche all seem to manage it. Modern football requires you to be more than a good laugh around the training ground, hence why we’ve had to bring in someone qualified to do the actual foot all side of things. Should be Embarrassing as f*** for Bruce.

Keegan as DOF with Rafa as manager would be the dream team really, wouldn't it?

That would have to VERY clearly structered as both are likely to grumble at any preceived toe stepping.

Not sure it would work though - too many cooks and all that jazz....

Wish Ashley could just bin Bruce and let Jones get on with it. We'll be safe I'm sure. Some players are in the team because of Bruce and those are dragging us down. The likes of Shelvey, Hendrick and even Darlow might not be in the team of Jones was left to pick the side.

Forget Rafa or Howe or Pearson or whoever. Just sack Bruce and let Jones get on with it till the end of the season.

I think the new manager bounce factor has been killed by keeping Bruce here when bringing Jones in. Not sure sacking him now would make much difference. We are in a relegation fight for survival, think it might need someone with a bit more credibility to get this lot going again.

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody seems to mention this lad anymore. I don't bother watching the games these days but was he in the dugout tonight or stuck up in the stand? Seemed to be loads of fanfare about him when he first arrived and after the Everton game but he barely gets a mention now. In fact I had to scroll down to the bottom of page 2 to find the topic about him!

2-3-3 since he came in. Hardly good, but a damn site better than what went before.

We could have had Klopp and Pep as assistants, but as long as bruce is in charge of starting 11, substitutions and number of training days per week the win ratio wouldnt be any better

The football is undoubtedly better, but if he's behind Gayle playing out wide, he's f***ing clueless.

Can’t believe that decision after the atrocity of playing him on the right it’s then decided to play him on the left. Gayle is a box player nothing more. The system has to be f***ed off until the 3 suited to the system return.

2-3-3 is obviously better than 0-2-7 but until Murphy came on tonight I really was starting to think we were looking as clueless and as downtrodden and - frankly - as downright miserable - as we were in the Sheffield United and Arsenal games immediately before his arrival. If we stay up in the end, that decision to put Murphy on tonight will go down as arguably the biggest call of the season, tbh. Lose tonight and I'm really starting to doubt there's a way to arrest the slide.

Similar to Bruce's stint at Villa. They brought in a new assistant that resulted in a temporary bounce.

Jones almost certainly isn't the answer, but there has been an improvement since he came in. We actually press and attack teams now for a kick off. Prior to that we were playing 5-4-1 and giving the opposition 70% of the ball.

Given the circumstances he's come in he's obviously a bit of a snake too. I'd happily see him leave in the summer along with cabbage head, but if we hadn't have brought him in we'd be dead and buried by now.

Such a weird management compromise

Seems like MA told bruce to let Jones be in charge of the system/tactics, but bruce still being the one to pick the team/do the subs. Like theres no way in hell that bruce would play this system on his own accord.

He is probably now purposefully playing players out of position only to show Mike how bad Jones¨ system is, the spiteful fucker that he is. He would rather relegate us than stay up if he can get some sympathy points from his pundit mates for being handcuffed to a system he doesnt believe in. Along with a nice payoff when if he is sacked