Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Sean Longstaff is the best reason to Boycott Newcastle.. he has played 10 games and Man Utd want to pay £25 million and the only reason he will not get sold is because Newcastle want closer to £50 million.

They know after a season in the Premier league he is going to be worth that + if he has a good season.

And then what? We start again with probably his brother (if he is good enough) and also the players brought in being sold off.

So at what point do we go forward as a club? without the odd fluke we are nothing but a shop.

So is every club bar 4 or 5 (your Man City, Manure, Barcelona, etc).

The problem is that any money coming in won’t be reinvested. So if they do happen to stumble across a player like Longstaff, despite the utter embarrassment we have of a youth system, there’s not even a conveyor belt to ensure that another youngster will come through. We’ve had two decent players come through in 10 years ffs. And even then one of them has only had a handful of PL games.

Guest covmag

Agree,the rich clubs are going off into the distance now.

Still not convinced this lad will go,part of me wants him to.sad

The express and the mail, both Manchester based wont let the Sean Longstaff story go.  The keep reporting that Man U will try to get him today, despite Bruce and Ashley stating he is simply not for sale, and are now reporting that if Man U  don't get him now (for £50m) they will have to pay £70m next summer.  I say that if Manu are prepared to pay £50m for him today, he will be worth double that if he has an injury free season with us and also gets an England call up.  Hopefully Ashley will agree if they come back in with a £50m bid today.

Guest chopey

The express and the mail, both Manchester based wont let the Sean Longstaff story go.  The keep reporting that Man U will try to get him today, despite Bruce and Ashley stating he is simply not for sale, and are now reporting that if Man U  don't get him now (for £50m) they will have to pay £70m next summer.  I say that if Manu are prepared to pay £50m for him today, he will be worth double that if he has an injury free season with us and also gets an England call up.  Hopefully Ashley will agree if they come back in with a £50m bid today.

£35 Million Andy Carroll say Hi

:lol: :lol:

So is every club bar 4 or 5 (your Man City, Manure, Barcelona, etc).

The problem is that any money coming in won’t be reinvested. So if they do happen to stumble across a player like Longstaff, despite the utter embarrassment we have of a youth system, there’s not even a conveyor belt to ensure that another youngster will come through. We’ve had two decent players come through in 10 years ffs. And even then one of them has only had a handful of PL games.

I think there is a difference. Yes, players will often move on if a top club comes and turns heads, or a club simply can't turn down the offer, like Coutinho at Liverpool, and more recently Maguire at Leicester, but I genuinely don't believe Leicester bought Harry a couple of years ago, simply to sell at a profit a year or two later, whereas it really is the case for us. If Joelinton and ASM are still with us in 2 years, certainly no more than 3, then they won't have been as successful as both they or the club had hoped. I think it's quite feasable to think that Maguire could have stayed at Leicester longer than he did.

All clubs sometimes need to sell, but it’s to fund either financial survival or some sort of progress. We don’t need to fund survival, we buy players to sell so that it doesn’t cost anything to keep the club running at the minimum.

I'm going to take a punt and say this summer was his 'Tiote to Man Utd' moment and the fat lad will be devastated to have not sold him for big money when he had the chance.

Cabbage heed will insist on playing Shelvey through the middle, edging out Longstaff to RCM/LCM where he'll be miles less effective as he'll have far less time on the ball and be under far more pressure to distribute it meaning more mistakes and a drop in confidence.

TL:DR - Bruce will kill his career.

I'm going to take a punt and say this summer was his 'Tiote to Man Utd' moment and the fat lad will be devastated to have not sold him for big money when he had the chance.

Cabbage heed will insist on playing Shelvey through the middle, edging out Longstaff to RCM/LCM where he'll be miles less effective as he'll have far less time on the ball and be under far more pressure to distribute it meaning more mistakes and a drop in confidence.

Aye, completely agree.

His potential career trajectory under Bruce is far lower than under Rafa. We'll never get an offer bigger than that one.

Aye, completely agree.

His potential career trajectory under Bruce is far lower than under Rafa. We'll never get an offer bigger than that one.

Same as all of them tbf. Schar made more mistakes on Sunday than he did during the whole Rafa reign.

• 2 weeks later...

I see this Cunt has came out and said we all need forget about Rafa and to get behind Bruce. What a wanker. Another Ashley minion. Stick this wanker on the list

Give him a break, he's on peanuts and saying a few nice things about Mike and/or his puppet Steve is going to be a condition of him getting a new (still low paid) deal.

Shortstaff was sitting with Bishop and thumb man last game wasn't he?

Yep, Bruce also dropped/rested Sean that day. I think True Faith commented that it may have had something to do with contract negotiations. Our regime is as malevolent as they come so I think there's probably something shady in all of this.