Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

I get him wanting to leave, I get that he should get out of dodge for the benefit of his career, but is Man U really the right place now? There is a huge risk that the OGS experiment will lead to the worst Man U team in the Premier League era. Leicester or Wolves (or that type of club) would surely be a better move for him

I get him wanting to leave, I get that he should get out of dodge for the benefit of his career, but is Man U really the right place now? There is a huge risk that the OGS experiment will lead to the worst Man U team in the Premier League era. Leicester or Wolves (or that type of club) would surely be a better move for him

Risk vs reward. ManU are still one of the biggest clubs in world football, certainly have one of the biggest turnovers, so the potential reward if things go right there either under OGS or his successor could be huge. Also far more likely to get an England call up or get into the first team if he does alright there.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Heard a rumour that he doesn't want to leave, but that it's completely out of his hands. If the club decides to sell, he doesn't have a choice. Repeat of the Andy Carroll sale

Heard a rumour that he doesn't want to leave, but that it's completely out of his hands. If the club decides to sell, he doesn't have a choice. Repeat of the Andy Carroll sale

I didn’t accept that reasoning with Carroll either. If he doesn’t want to leave he doesn’t accept the buying clubs terms as he stays here. What would we have done with Carroll or Longstaff let him rot in the reserves? No chance.

If he doesn't want to leave then I'm glad he feels he doesn't have a choice for his own good. However, the club cannot force him out if he refuses to discuss with any clubs that has an offer for him accepted by the club. Same as with AC.

Guest covmag

He can choose to stay, but why would he.

Why any of our players would want to stay now is beyond me. Why would any player want to play for a club who have no ambition at all to compete or win anything and are content to just struggle like fuck every season. Also our facilities for a premier league team are an embarrassment again why would any player want that

Guest covmag

Selling Longstaff for any amount this summer will be the final kill.

It wouldn´t surprise me at all...absolutely no hope left. It has all fallen apart - more than ever thought possible  :suicide:

Nope that happened a few years ago when the future Ashley model was sussed.

Guest Howaythetoon

Know someone close to him, doesn’t want to go, but club have accepted whatever Man Utd have offered and he will meet for talks over personal terms to be finalised if he has any brains. Undisclosed fee incoming :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Only surprising part of that is he doesn't want to leave.

By all accounts he’s a well grounded down to earth kid. I rate him, but all ego and self confidence aside I’d be thinking let’s get in 2 years of first team football at Newcastle, become the main man, get some injury free consistency, get into the England squad and get a cap even, and develop nicely under a less pressurised environment and then move. It’s all up to him of course, but a move to Man Utd is just as or more likely to curtail his development and experience than enhance it right now. Look at Jordan Henderson and Carrick for example. It’s not as if Man Utd are going to fast track him towards silverware or playing in a top team, even if they were at that level which they aren’t. If he does move, hopefully he gets into the team, plays every week and becomes a top player with success coming his way. He's more talented than Henderson IMO, but very raw. Anything less than 25m would be a joke, still it all goes into the club’s pockets so anything that gives Rafa... oh wait! :lol:

By all accounts he’s a well grounded down to earth kid. I rate him, but all ego and self confidence aside I’d be thinking let’s get in 2 years of first team football at Newcastle, become the main man, get some injury free consistency, get into the England squad and get a cap even, and develop nicely under a less pressurised environment and then move. It’s all up to him of course, but a move to Man Utd is just as or more likely to curtail his development and experience than enhance it right now. Look at Jordan Henderson and Carrick for example. It’s not as if Man Utd are going to fast track him towards silverware or playing in a top team, even if they were at that level which they aren’t. If he does move, hopefully he gets into the team, plays every week and becomes a top player with success coming his way. He's more talented than Henderson IMO, but very raw. Anything less than 25m would be a joke, still it all goes into the club’s pockets so anything that gives Rafa... oh wait! :lol:

I'll have what he's having :thup:

Mate, I know you've been away, but there's this guy called Mike Ashley... ;)

If Rafa was here, or a takeover looked likely, I'd be spitting blood. In fact, I've half a mind to buy a Longstaff away top from 18/19 as a sort of bookend for my love affair with the club.

EDIT: Not mocking your rating of the lad - I think he's the bomb too. Just the staying here bit, just mocking that bit :thup:

I'd say he'd have more chance of getting in the England squad as a bit-part Man Utd player than a Newcastle first-teamer. Also debatable that a relegation battle at a club almost constantly in chaos with talk of boycotts and potential protests throughout the season is a less pressurised environment.

Oh I am sure he'll develop real nice playing under Neil Redfearn's excellent tutelage and training in our state-of-the-art training facilities, recovering after a vigorous session in a blow-up kiddie pool outside.

Not only that, but in the second year he'll be able to look forward to plying his trade and learning by playing against elite players from sides such as Millwall and Preston in the Championship.

Aye, he'd be mad to leave.

Dan Storey wrote an article (a very good one) on the whole mess at the club at the minute and said Longstaff was 'likely to leave.' I tweeted him to ask if that was his knowledge or just speculation and his reply was - "As far as I know, he's keen, Man United are keen and Newcastle are prepared to sell. Which suggests it will get done." Doesn't sound good.

Dan Storey wrote an article (a very good one) on the whole mess at the club at the minute and said Longstaff was 'likely to leave.' I tweeted him to ask if that was his knowledge or just speculation and his reply was - "As far as I know, he's keen, Man United are keen and Newcastle are prepared to sell. Which suggests it will get done." Doesn't sound good.

Sounds excellent to me. Proves that our academy and training ground is fucking mint, no need to invest anything there, and we're getting £20m for a player we've only paid small wages to.

Almost everyone in the first team will have their agents working overtime if they've got any sense at all. The likes of Lascelles, Lejeune, Dubravka, Almiron would be insane not to try and jump while their stock is still high.