Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Matters not when Tielemans walks through the door Thursday.

I mean obviously he walks through the door then out the other one when he realises he is completely in the wrong fucking club. My bad.

Longstaff is a huge bonus for us, with Ki and Shelvey hopefully fit within the next couple of weeks, Diame back to speed and hopefully Samaris for Hayden things definitely look better. Hopefully Sangare gets the chance to train more often with the first team too, potential there and with a few bairns tbf.

Advocating making the p*ss poor squad weaker for no reason, aye class.

:lol: :thup: Hows about we keep a good player, and also bring another in, instead of replacing, just a thought like.

don't think anyone means sell him now do they?  i'd look to move him in the summer if we decide to operate like a proper club for a change

Ki, Diame, Longstaff, New competing for the 2 spots under Rafa would work for me with maybe another option as backup to that

Advocating making the p*ss poor squad weaker for no reason, aye class.

:lol: :thup: Hows about we keep a good player, and also bring another in, instead of replacing, just a thought like.

Is Shelvey the type of player who is happy to be a squad player? I don't think so, he's been a bit lackadaisical in the few outings he's had as sub. It will be interesting to see if he gets his place back when he's fit.

Advocating making the piss poor squad weaker for no reason, aye class.

Who said they were avocating doing it today? just meant long term is all.

MD and Kanji did right above your response to them. FWIW I'd also advocate doing it in the summer... if we were a properly run club.

he's done well but i still think the Ki/Diame midfield is our best option when everybody is fit.

I'm dreading seeing Diame back in tbh

Why? He’s been our most consistent midfield since West Ham away two Christmas’s ago.

Guest neesy111

he's done well but i still think the Ki/Diame midfield is our best option when everybody is fit.

He's our most important midfielder tbf.

He's our most important midfielder tbf.

I just think he's been a bit shit this season. His closing down/tackling is fantastic but whenever he has the ball we know we're about to lose it.

Why? He’s been our most consistent midfield since West Ham away two Christmas’s ago.

Agree. I prefer Diame to Hayden tbh, closes down the opposition a bit better and just generally shows for the ball more.

Seeing him at the match last night he's much better than I was expecting. He's a lot more mobile and athletic and he seems to cover a lot of ground quickly. He also could have easily hidden in those last 10 minutes given his inexperience but he seem to take it upon himself to make sure we saw that win out. Hopefully if he keeps developing and starts working a few more forward passes we could be looking at a decent player.

On form it'd be hard to argue someone should be starting over him even if everyone was fit.

Pep didn't really say anything about him, did he? Seen the headlines but seriously can't see Longstaff's name mentioned, just Pep talking about our "holding midfielders" being a problem in a passage.

Longstaff is one of our “holding midfielders” right?

And it’s from Pep, one of the best “holding midfielders” in his era and the founder of Busquets. I would take his comments very high in this aspect