Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

:thup:

Stumbled on that yesterday ... was heart breaking man. Miss that era so much.

Like you said some outrageous football and goals that I didn't even appreciate were so good when I was younger.

Such good times.

Like you said some outrageous football and goals that I didn't even appreciate were so good when I was younger.

Such good times.

The dog urinating goal celebration at the end is one of my all time favourites too.

Who was the guy celebrating in the back of the net? Rashidi Yekini?

Such good times.

The dog urinating goal celebration at the end is one of my all time favourites too.

Yeah, that was Rashidi Yekini celebrating in the net. Such an iconic celebration. Guy was so happy. Miss that passion from Nigeria man.

Such good times.

Yeah, that was Rashidi Yekini celebrating in the net. Such an iconic celebration. Guy was so happy. Miss that passion from Nigeria man.

Just had to google him. Man, I didn’t know he’d died years ago!

Not sure how ‘Premium’ the Premium Times of Nigeria is but this is a sad read about him

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/4971-untold_story_of_rashidi_yekini_s_last_days.html

Yeah, he passed away a little while ago and was apparently going through some hardship.

Didn't even know the full story myself, and the details from that article are terribly sad.

I wish athletes wouldn't trust people with their money so readily.

Several footballers of Spanish first and second divisions arrested by the Spanish police in relation to match fixing. Nobody particuarly known, mostly players in relegation stragglers (most match fixing alegations usually involve these kind of teams).

Several footballers of Spanish first and second divisions arrested by the Spanish police in relation to match fixing. Nobody particuarly known, mostly players in relegation stragglers (most match fixing alegations usually involve these kind of teams).

Apparently one of the matches under investigation is the Valladolid-Valencia that ended 0-2 and clinched Valencia a CL spot. For what it is known Valencia wasn't involved in the fixing - it was some Valladolid players involved in betting - so I guess they should be safe.