Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Gareth Bale is starting to sound like an absolute twat.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/05/21/5ce41c01268e3e4c408b4586.html

Don't think he's said loads wrong to be fair.

Surely just playing hard boil.

Madrid are trying to force him out but they know salary is a major issue.  Bale is just making sure he’s paid in full when he does leave. He’s entitled to every last penny. I can see Madrid subsidising his wages at any new club.

Just because he s paid handsomely doesn't change the fact that he is, essentially, a slave in the modern market. I should sympathise with any human who can be bought and sold at the whim of the owner to whom they are indentured, but I just can't find it within myself.

99% of the planet are dictated about! Whether it's by their employers, politicians, society, lack of resources or whatever.

Okay if he's simply saying to RM that he's 'sacrificed' a lot for them, bu I think he could have put it across better than that.

My heart bleeds for him, the ugly cunt. 

Guest neesy111

He choose to sign for Real Madrid and choose to sign a new contract, if he's not happy why doesn't he retire on his 80m fortune and live the life he wants.

Comparing football to different sports is absolutely terrible way, team sports are always different to individual sports.

They really hate him in Spain, justifiably so as well.

"Another rule which has been introduced for next season sees some major alterations to substitutions.

Now players will have to leave the pitch at the nearest point rather than walk slowly across the field late in games and waste time."

Love this. Pet peeve of mine is when a player knows he's coming off so just happens to switch to the far side of the pitch so he can slowly walk over.

Problem with leaving at the nearest point would mean if a player from the opposite side to the dugout is substituted they'll have to walk round half the pitch perimeter. A bit distracting to players of both teams. There's a reason substitutes warm up with a bib or different coloured top on.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino's apparent joke about where his team would stay in Madrid for the Champions League final appears to have backfired - and prompted Real Madrid to release an official statement.

The Argentine, who has been linked with a move to the Bernabeu in the past, was discussing Spurs' plans for the final against Liverpool at Atletico Madrid's Wanda Metropolitano Stadium on 1 June.

"Ahead of the final, we will train at Valdebebas [Real's training complex] and sleep in a nearby hotel," he told El Partidazo de Cope.

"I asked Florentino [Perez, Real's president] to let us sleep in the sports centre, but he told me that I can only sleep there when I become the coach of Real Madrid."

Cue a "Comunicado Oficial" from the 13-time European champions, who re-appointed manager Zinedine Zidane in March.

Real said they were "surprised by the demonstrations" made by Pochettino about a "supposed request" to stay at their training ground.

"Real Madrid wants to make it clear that it is outright false that this request was produced," they said.

They said they had "always shown its absolute availability" to meet the requests of Uefa, Spurs and Liverpool and requests were only for "the use of the training camps of the Ciudad Real Madrid and its changing rooms".

Tottenham will be training at Real on 30 and 31 May and Liverpool will use the facilities on the morning of 1 June.

"At no time has our club been requested that these teams could be accommodated in the facilities of Ciudad Real Madrid," they added.

:lol: