Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

ibra would be better for a poorer team imo, lewandowski will achieve more (in terms of goals) in a a better team than ibra imo

Lewandonski probably needs good players around him to be effective while Ibra might pull off something special out of nowhere. Plus, his presence alone would be good for any team.

Both of these are assumptions based on probably's and maybe's. At their peak from what we've seen from both, Lewandowski has performed better. Ibrahimovic hasn't come close to a season like the one Lewandowski just had.

ibra would be better for a poorer team imo, lewandowski will achieve more (in terms of goals) in a a better team than ibra imo

Lewandonski probably needs good players around him to be effective while Ibra might pull off something special out of nowhere. Plus, his presence alone would be good for any team.

Both of these are assumptions based on probably's and maybe's. At their peak from what we've seen from both, Lewandowski has performed better. Ibrahimovic hasn't come close to a season like the one Lewandowski just had.

It was an opinion based question :lol:

50 goals in 51 games in 2015-16 not to far off.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Ibra has performed consistently in every league he has played, Lewandowski has only ‘done it’ in Germany.

Lewandowski’s international record is great (1 in 2?) but a majority of those goals have been scored against the likes of San Marino, Belarus, Slovakia etc.

He’s obviously world class, but it’d be Ibra every day for me.

In a considerably worse league

Oh I agree. But to dismiss him has having never come close is just wrong.

It's not wrong at all IMO. The French league is a poor league and even more so then. Also knocked out in the quarter finals of the CL whereas Lewandowski won it? That's a pretty big difference in seasons I think.

Lewandowski would have walked the Ballon d'Or. It's unfortunate for him it was cancelled.

Ibra has performed consistently in every league he has played, Lewandowski has only ‘done it’ in Germany.

Lewandowski’s international record is great (1 in 2?) but a majority of those goals have been scored against the likes of San Marino, Belarus, Slovakia etc.

Messi has only done it in Spain and done nothing at International level.

Messi or Ronaldo?

Guest Cheesy Beans

Messi or Ronaldo?

Ronaldo, for the same reasons.

Messi or Ronaldo?

Ronaldo, for the same reasons.

Fair play. :lol:

Guest Cheesy Beans

Shearer has only "done it" in England

More players should move around, I don’t understand why they don’t.

Particularly good English players, they virtually never move abroad. You learn so much more and adapt your game.

Oh I agree. But to dismiss him has having never come close is just wrong.

It's not wrong at all IMO. The French league is a poor league and even more so then. Also knocked out in the quarter finals of the CL whereas Lewandowski won it? That's a pretty big difference in seasons I think.

Lewandowski would have walked the Ballon d'Or. It's unfortunate for him it was cancelled.

Oh I don't disagree with the main points, but context and the team you play in is important. 2015-16 PSG are nowhere near the level of the current Bayern team. No doubt what Lewandowski has achieved this season is greater but you are wrong to be so dismissive on the point of "not even come close". It's sensationalist nonesense.

Particularly good English players, they virtually never move abroad. You learn so much more and adapt your game.

You don't understand why Shearer didn't move abroad?

Guest Cheesy Beans

I wasn’t specifically referring to Shearer, but the top English players in general.

Shearer is unique in the fact that he stayed with his boyhood club - Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Messi, Ibra etc. haven’t and aren’t comparable in that sense. Should have probably said that in my last post.

Guest neesy111

Think it's easier to score in Germany than France if anything. Nobody defends in Germany

Yeah, so many ridiculous high scoring games.

I wasn’t specifically referring to Shearer, but the top English players in general.

Shearer is unique in the fact that he stayed with his boyhood club - Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Messi, Ibra etc. haven’t and aren’t comparable in that sense. Should have probably said that in my last post.

Messi was at Barca from young

Shearer didn’t play for newcastle as a boy

• 2 weeks later...

there's always talk of what can be done to even out the PL in terms of money etc. - what do you think the effect would be if you americanised the prize money, so to speak, so the title winners get the least money and bottom the most etc.?

would have an immediate impact but could it help long term?

there's always talk of what can be done to even out the PL in terms of money etc. - what do you think the effect would be if you americanised the prize money, so to speak, so the title winners get the least money and bottom the most etc.?

would have an immediate impact but could it help long term?

Guess who wins again

Guest Cheesy Beans

If you were relegated, would it not incentivise teams to lose games and finish bottom in order to get more money?

You’d be miffed off if you were fighting for the title or CL or whatever and your rivals were playing someone in that situation.

If you were relegated, would it not incentivise teams to lose games and finish bottom in order to get more money?

You’d be miffed off if you were fighting for the title or CL or whatever and your rivals were playing someone in that situation.

Would it work if you didn't include the relegated teams? So they get some form of the current parachute payments while 1st-17th gets the reversed money. Wouldn't make sense to give CL-challenger money to a team about to go in to the Championship.

Not that I'm a fan of the concept in general.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Would it work if you didn't include the relegated teams? So they get some form of the current parachute payments while 1st-17th gets the reversed money. Wouldn't make sense to give CL-challenger money to a team about to go in to the Championship.

Not that I'm a fan of the concept in general.

You’d still have the same issue with all teams I guess. Teams 10th and below with 5 games to go would be incentivised to lose their remaining games as they have nothing other than money to play for.