Wilfried Bony

Cort

There's no way in hell we will buy another 2 strikers, especially ones as high profile as Bony or Aubameyang.

How high profile are they really though, especially when half the country had never heard of them until this transfer window? :dontknow:

Not your average man in the street but both have been bubbling under for 12-18 months on the potential hype machine. Those 2 and Lacina Traore are pretty much the future of African forwards as far as I'm aware.

Cheers. It was just the phrase 'high profile' that got me. Just getting a bit worn down by the endless hyperbole on here. You'd think Mike Ashley was the Second Coming and all these new players were the latter day saints the way folks are going on. [/grumpyoldman]

Know what you mean, I'm excited to watching them but the proof will definitely be in the pudding, too many false dawns watching this mob and it's a massive ask for 3/4 players to all adapt instantaneously. On the flip side I'm sure that they can't be any worse than known 'boo boys'.

True. :)

There's no way in hell we will buy another 2 strikers, especially ones as high profile as Bony or Aubameyang.

How high profile are they really though, especially when half the country had never heard of them until this transfer window? :dontknow:

Not your average man in the street but both have been bubbling under for 12-18 months on the potential hype machine. Those 2 and Lacina Traore are pretty much the future of African forwards as far as I'm aware.

Cheers. It was just the phrase 'high profile' that got me. Just getting a bit worn down by the endless hyperbole on here. You'd think Mike Ashley was the Second Coming and all these new players were the latter day saints the way folks are going on. [/grumpyoldman]

1. See player is linked

2. Youtube him/her

3. Post detailed player analysis based entirely on one video

is probably how the majority do their research tbh. We'll see soon enough.

Bollocks. :lol:

1. See player is linked

2. Youtube him/her

3. Post detailed player analysis based entirely on one video

is probably how the majority do their research tbh. We'll see soon enough.

:lol: We will. Looking forward to seeing them all play at SJP shortly.

Guest neesy111

II'll give Ashley some leeway if he actually invests properly invests in the summer like what the league does with what the league does relatively.

The fact is everything happening this window is 6 months too late and shoes how he knows fuck all about football still.

This should probably be in Mike's thread...

And completely ignored.

I'll give Ashley some leeway if he actually invests properly invests in the summer like what the league does with what the league does relatively.

The fact is everything happening this window is 6 months too late and shoes how he knows fuck all about football still.

Say again in English?

Guest neesy111

I'll give Ashley some leeway if he actually invests properly invests in the summer like what the league does with what the league does relatively.

Say again in English?

:okay:

I'm too tired.

Basically if we don't buy players again in the summer then we should be on Ashley's back.

II'll give Ashley some leeway if he actually invests properly invests in the summer like what the league does with what the league does relatively.

The fact is everything happening this window is 6 months too late and shoes how he knows f*** all about football still.

If we buy another striker, irrelevant of what i think about style and systems etc etc what else do we really need ? :lol:

The fact is everything happening this window is 6 months too late and shoes how he knows f*** all about football still.

If we buy another striker, irrelevant of what i think about style and systems etc etc what else do we really need ? :lol:

A good manager.

A good manager.

Aye goes without saying tbf, but i think you know what i meant  ;)

Guest neesy111

Manager and coaches???

Manager and coaches???

Aye but i think we both know by "investment" you meant more players.

Howay, Bony lad!

If we get this chap, it would only need another top-class centre-back to make this transfer window pretty much a maximum break in terms of addressing specific squad weaknesses.

Did you miss the Yanga-Mbiwa signing? :lol:

No. We could still do with another one. Just like we could still do with another striker.

Howay, Bony lad!

If we get this chap, it would only need another top-class centre-back to make this transfer window pretty much a maximum break in terms of addressing specific squad weaknesses.

No. We could still do with another one. Just like we could still do with another striker.

In the summer replace Colo with Douglas and bring Good into the 1st team squad.

Howay, Bony lad!

We've got Colo and Mapou as the likely first choice pair with Taylor 3rd choice.

We could do with a better 4th choice than Williamson I suppose, but CB is nowhere near as big a need as another option up front.

Howay, Bony lad!

Think three top class centre backs is a bit over the top like.

In the summer we need another top class centre back, but not now.