Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Guest Recoba

Haidara is more athletic than Dummett, but generally a poor footballer.

Dummett is far more solid defensively and has a better touch based on what I've seen.  Haidara bombs forward but does not contribute much.

Dummett smells danger and is very cautious as a LB. I think his generally abilities as a footballer are under-rated. Full backs tend to be failed wingers or failed centrebacks and he's certainly the latter. He has a decent touch, okay delivery but is slow for a fullback and has no skill or tricks. His lack of pace also contributes to cautious positioning.

But when at CB you can see he's decent with the ball. Certainly on par with Taylor and miles ahead of Willo in that sense.

Dummett smells danger and is very cautious as a LB. I think his generally abilities as a footballer are under-rated. Full backs tend to be failed wingers or failed centrebacks and he's certainly the latter. He has a decent touch, okay delivery but is slow for a fullback and has no skill or tricks. His lack of pace also contributes to cautious positioning.

But when at CB you can see he's decent with the ball. Certainly on par with Taylor and miles ahead of Willo in that sense.

Pretty sure Dummett is actually one of the quickest players at the club.

Haidara is far better attacking wise and you would have to say Dummett edges it on the defensive side but not much by much, he doesn't look great at LB and as everyone has said 1000 times his best position is CB.

A straight choice between Dummett and Haidara at LB its Haidara every time, but ideally I'd want a more established LB than both of them playing, Haidara had a poor game Sunday but has come on leaps and bounds since arriving, should only get better.

If that's the case we have a problem :lol: luckily he isn't.

No way. Also has poor agility/turning circle for a FB. the only genuine poor performance I can recall from him is when Navas had him on toast in one game. Dummett looked so slow and ponderous. He looked to have the turning circle of a tank in that game and super slow. Think he's improved his positiong and stance/body shape when 1v1 with a winger now.

Haidara is far better attacking wise and you would have to say Dummett edges it on the defensive side but not much by much, he doesn't look great at LB and as everyone has said 1000 times his best position is CB.

A straight choice between Dummett and Haidara at LB its Haidara every time, but ideally I'd want a more established LB than both of them playing, Haidara had a poor game Sunday but has come on leaps and bounds since arriving, should only get better.

Eh? Haidara is more athletic and is more willing to get into attacking areas. But his end product and general play isn't considerably better than PD's when push comes to shove.

PD edges the defensive side? Have a word. I hate to admit it but defensively Haidara isn't good enough at all at the moment. Dummett is solid at FB. He gives his winger plenty of respect but focuses on nullifying his threat and generally does a solid job of it.

I've seen Haidara put in some good defensive performances (City in the cup rings a bell, in particular), tbh, he's also had some games where he looks very threatening going forward. Put in a couple of absolutely brilliant crosses in preseason too. Has he ever played more than a couple of games in a row? His career here has been really stop-start, I think he'd improve his consistency a lot if he had a good 15 game run in the team. He's certainly shown more flashes than Dummett, for me, but he's been much more erratic.

Very cautious = poor technical ability.

Not really. Just slow. Haidara's not better in any way except from athleticism

I attribute his lackluster passing to a lack of trust is his technique. He won't accept a pass unless free from pressure and he is overly cautious in his use of the ball.  Channel balls if under a modicum of pressure. A player with better technique uses the ball better.

Very cautious = poor technical ability.

Not really. Just slow. Haidara's not better in any way except from athleticism

I attribute his lackluster passing to a lack of trust is his technique. He won't accept a pass unless free from pressure and he is overly cautious in his use of the ball.  Channel balls if under a modicum of pressure. A player with better technique uses the ball better.

Aye, that channel ball is a cop-out

It's definitely too early to write off Haidara after that last game. He looked nervous which is understandable as that was basically his first game for us as a first choice player and he didn't get any help from Obertan. Tadic is good and he even seemed to be closing down Haidara immediately when he had the ball. I'm sure he'll be better both offensively and defensively when he has a better player ahead of him to link with.

He looked nervous which is understandable as that was basically his first game for us as a first choice player

This is quite an absurd (and inaccurate) excuse, mind.

I agree, though. Nobody should be writing him off as a player. I'm not sure he'll ever be that great of a PL LB defensively, though.

Because he's a grown man and professional athlete who's probably played 40 games for us.

:thup: :lol:

If he was nervous Pata, then he has some serious mental problems that needs to be worked on.

Because he's a grown man and professional athlete who's probably played 40 games for us.

:thup: :lol:

If he was nervous Pata, then he has some serious mental problems that needs to be worked on.

He had Obertan in front of him, course he was fucking nervous