Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

He's probably the best defender at the club atm. Certainly the best full back when it comes to defending we have

Janmaat for me.

as an all round full back sure easily the best but imho Dummett is just a more solid defender

To what extent does 'solid' translate as 'limited'?  Haidara and Janmaat offer far more going forward and subsequently push higher up and take more risks.

Name-calling notwithstanding, you've now pedaled back from "one hell of a centre back" to "take him any day over Willo, marrah!"

I hope that's not aimed at me. Obviously he's currently better than Mike Williamson thus instantly improves the side as tgarve has questioned. He also has potential to improve. In my opinion to the standard I've mentioned. Not sure what the 'marrah' guff is in aid of, either.

He's probably the best defender at the club atm. Certainly the best full back when it comes to defending we have

Janmaat for me.

as an all round full back sure easily the best but imho Dummett is just a more solid defender

To what extent does 'solid' translate as 'limited'?  Haidara and Janmaat offer far more going forward and subsequently push higher up and take more risks.

never disputed they offer more going forward (though for the record I think Janmaats a solid enough defender-trust him in a defensive sense a lot more than Debuchy who could be very rash leading to daft situations) but horses for courses, there are times when it makes more sense to play an attacking full back and other times when a more solid defender would be better suited and its the coach/managers job to judge those situations. Of coarse in an ideal world you'd have full backs who can do both very well.

Guest TruToon94

TBF I've never really seen him have a shite match like Willo has been.... But he's never really had a good match. But let's be honest he wouldn't even be on the bench if the dipshits in charge of our club hadn't completely destroyed our defence (honestly this is the 2nd worst defence I've seen us have). As it stands Willo is pretty much losing us matches on his lonesome nowadays so I'd rather have Dummett have a go.

Where has this lack of strength and aerial ability been apparent? You're just making things up now. He's certainly not slow, either. He's perfectly fine on the ball for a 23-year-old CB.

The criticism he gets is bewildering. He's better at attacking the ball in the air better than anyone else in our team. He looks unremarkable but rarely out strengthened. He's not fast but he's fast enough to be an adequate fullback he's probably fast enough to be a good centreback.

It includes games as a fullback but statistically aerial duals are a strength of Dummetts.

Guest Roger Kint

Really hope either Willo or Colo picks up an injury or suspension now to see how Carver is going to try and squirm his way out of that pickle.

Given our run of upcoming games this is absolutely nailed to happen on for me. Wouldnt be shocked to see it on Saturday