Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

played a big part in our winner.

Well worth a mention. He gets criticised for his attacking but his run made the goal and he chose the right option in passing to Sissoko rather than crossing.

In defending, he seemed to be getting much tighter to his opponent and not allowing them to turn. It worked well for him.

If only he didn't look like a hunchback running all over the place, he's a pretty good defender and played well versus Liverpool. Credit to Haidara versus City too. I wish one of them was right footed or right back as we have 3 young good LBs and Janmaat.

Guest alijmitchell

I think MOTD highlighted the probs with Sterling and Liverpool last week - he's a winger that always tries to go on the inside rather than outside, and teams crowd that area. They highlighted that he plays best behind the striker. I didn't really see him try to do Dummett on the outside?

He can defend comfortably, but can not dribble, cross or pass if it involves completing it in the opposition half.

I think he has some decent crosses. Also, he's scored twice in less than 30 games, which is not bad for a left-back.

Personally i prefer Haidara, but as people on here has been saying, he gets way more stick than he deserves.

I think MOTD highlighted the probs with Sterling and Liverpool last week - he's a winger that always tries to go on the inside rather than outside, and teams crowd that area. They highlighted that he plays best behind the striker. I didn't really see him try to do Dummett on the outside?

yeah i've no idea why they're persisting with him out wide so religiously, the best i've seen him play has always been through the middle

Despite his limitations on the ball, he does carry some goal threat at set pieces and doesn't have a bad shot on him.

Both he and Janmaat both seem to have at least one attempt on goal per match, which isn't something I'm used to seeing from NUFC's fullback pairings.

This guy has been okay lately.

He's a lot more tolerable, when playing a forward thinking player ahead of him, rather than Gouffran, which was rendering the left side completely worthless attacking wise.