Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

our CBs cost us goals anyway, I'd say fuck it personally especially considering all our defenders cost us goals consistently.

Santon had and will continue to do so, Dummett same, Debuchy did and there's already question marks over our new RB.

I'm quite confused at how many people seem to think Haidara's better because Dummett's only 'average' like. :lol:

It's the thing that does my head in the most on this forum.

Santon's form was patchy and he's not pulled on a Newcastle shirt for five months or so, whilst Dummett has posted some decent, some shocking, some poor, but mostly adequate, just-par displays. And the sum of this is people lauding Haidara as some sort of left-back saviour, despite him showing absolutely nowt in our shirt. I could have put some canny crosses in versus 9 knackared Stoke players for frigs sake.

Dummett did okay today, 'senior pros' Gouffran and Sissoko were far worse than him and once again, he's being dug out and called shite whilst everyone nails their colours to the Good Ship Haidara despite very little evidence to suggest he'll make it.

when's these decent performances? I can only recall his debut against City away last season and maybe the Liverpool game when he scored. He's been consistently shit for us and was a big part of the awful defence back end of last season. He constantly has a player holding his hand for him which is detrimental to the side as we have two players playing left back.

That's bollocks tbf. People are nailing Dummett unfairly, but I don't see anyone 'lauding Haidera' unless you mean that you think that thinking Haidera would offer more than a player that has had 'some decent, some poor, but mostly adequate, just par displays' as lauding.

All three of our left backs are shite in their own way. Dummett's a better defender than Haidera but that's not to say that Dummett's good defensively, I personally just prefer Haidera because going forward he plays forward and I'll take any opportunity to watch attacking football in this shower of shit team setup.

Haidara is a great example of a player who seems to be rated higher and higher the more he doesn't play. I do think he could well be a good full-back for us, but he needs a loan somewhere first IMO, even if it's just for a couple of months.

I see what you mean with the second half of your post too, but the issue there is that in this set-up, that kind of attacking mindset totally doesn't work without the defensive nouse to go with it, knowing when to hold back and being able to get back in time etc. I'd like to see a more expansive attacking game as much as everyone else, but Haidara just doesn't fit into the side IMO.

Funnily enough, if we had a manager with any semblance of an attacking philosophy, I think he'd have played 20-30 games by now and we'd not be having this conversation.

No one is saying Haidara is a LB saviour ffs :lol:

Love a bit of hyperbole to drive home a point though, it's just he's better than Dummett and they are all we have at the moment.

Dummett has nothing, at least Haidara has shown flashes of ability, physical traits and pace in his limited game time.

I'd rather invest in said potential while Santon is out than play the Taylor of CBs who offers sod all.

:thup:

Anyone with an idea of what makes a footballer can see Dummett won't make it at this level.

Anyone with any perception at all can also see that Haidara could but for that to happen he has to a) have the right personality to make it and b) the right people around him to bring him forward.

• 1 month later...

http://www.football365.com/crystal-palace/9487644/PARDEW-BACKS-RIVIERE

"Paul's a local lad and he's having to prove to the Newcastle public that he's good enough, it's hard for players to come through the academy these days," he said.

"Sadio gets a bit more glamour than Paul, but Paul does what it says on the tin.

"He's a tough tackler, good in the air, getting better going forward.

"How he's ended up in the middle of the goal at that time, I don't know."

"Paul's a local lad and he's having to prove to the Newcastle public that he's good enough, it's hard for players to come through the academy these days," he said.

"Sadio gets a bit more glamour than Paul, but Paul does what it says on the tin.

What the fuck does that mean? Maybe if he was called Paul Shithoof

Not least with the inept coaching set up and lack of chances to play for the first team or be allowed to elsewhere.

More complete bollocks about the being from the North, to help his case being a cockney in Newcastle too. Unaware it actually contradicts, if anything fans should give him an easier ride because he is local. Either way I guess the message is Newcastle Fans are too demanding and unrealistic.

I know its only one goal

I know he runs with a kind of a hunchback

I know he's a bit cack.

Would it be naive of me to think maybe this guy could be transformed into a forward?

His movement in the box is impressive like, yeah i dont know if he could hold the ball up, work the channels in a front foot fashion etc, but rather than just let his career die out being a pretty sh*t leftback could there be 'hope' elsewhere?

Once Pards has f*cked off like, the horrific c*nt.

He could fall into a tiger enclosure for all i care.

You know a player is bad on the ball when they make Mike Williamson look composed.

:thup: This is all I think about when watching him, he's so god damn bad on the ball. It's like he's new to the sport in terms of controlling and passing a ball.

I know its only one goal

I know he's a bit cack.

Would it be naive of me to think maybe this guy could be transformed into a forward?

His movement in the box is impressive like, yeah i dont know if he could hold the ball up, work the channels in a front foot fashion etc, but rather than just let his career die out being a pretty sh*t leftback could there be 'hope' elsewhere?

I actually can't think of a worse idea.

I know its only one goal

I know he's a bit cack.

Short of shoving a toothpick down my jap, I'm struggling too.

I know its only one goal

I know he's a bit cack.

Short of shoving a toothpick down my jap, I'm struggling too.

Could be the next Dean Saunders

What a fucking cunt. (Not you Dave :aww:)

What the f*** does that mean? Maybe if he was called Paul Shithoof

:lol:

I hate him. I hate Pardew more though as Dummett wouldn't have scored last night if it wasn't for another impressive run forward by Haidara. That all get's forgotten by the king though as Sadio is all glamour and can't do the real jobs like "put in a hard tackle". Pardew at times makes himself sound like a sunday league coach.

I hate him. I hate Pardew more though as Dummett wouldn't have scored last night if it wasn't for another impressive run forward by Haidara. That all get's forgotten by the king though as Sadio is all glamour and can't do the real jobs like "put in a hard tackle". Pardew at times makes himself sound like a sunday league coach.

Makes?