Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Should get a statue at SJP for services to football and proving Karma does exist. Fingers crossed hare teeth does indeed miss the WC.

This is what makes this even funnier, he's almost certain to be fit it was just minor... from what i read he'll be fully fit in 2 weeks and the England game is in a months time.

If he misses anything it will be the opener against Costa Rica but that's it.

Pfff, it was a nothing clumsy challenge anyway. If Suarez got injured in that incident, it's because he went down trying to get Dummett sent off as per usual.

:lol: It was a clumsy late challenge, I didn't think it warranted a red either (was a yellow), but to say it was his diving attempt that caused the impact is absolutely ridiculous and you very much know so yourself.

I genuinely don't think he touched Suarez. And it's entirely feasible that throwing himself around could have caused an impact industry.

You're surely taking the piss. Didn't touch Suarez? This forum at times, take off those black&white glasses ffs. It's quite a hard hit knee-to-knee hit. For me it's a yellow because it's a clumsy tackle, but if you're unable to see contact and think that he actually throws himself than you're deluded.

Pfff, it was a nothing clumsy challenge anyway. If Suarez got injured in that incident, it's because he went down trying to get Dummett sent off as per usual.

:lol: It was a clumsy late challenge, I didn't think it warranted a red either (was a yellow), but to say it was his diving attempt that caused the impact is absolutely ridiculous and you very much know so yourself.

I didn't say it was a "dive", Dummett went in clumsily and out of control; he was clearly fouled. I do however believe Suarez looked for the contact a little bit with his leg left trailing, then flung himself in the air while rolling over for dramatic effect. Maybe if he wasn't such a cunt and had tried to make a meal of it he wouldn't have got injured.

I didn't say it was a "dive", Dummett went in clumsily and out of control; he was clearly fouled. I do however believe Suarez looked for the contact a little bit with his leg left trailing, then flung himself in the air while rolling over for dramatic effect. Maybe if he wasn't such a c*** and had tried to make a meal of it he wouldn't have got injured.

Suarez has no idea of where Dummett is, he misses the ball at first and then tries to get it as the ball is behind him. Your assumption is purely based on reputation, and there's no way that if oyu watched the foul again you'd think that. If you do, there's no further discussion as we won't agree :thup:

Alright, while I'm watching the clip as we type, you're taking a picture as evidence while also trying to remember the contact. Tons of clip around the internet, if you need help try to use a search engine.

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Screen-Shot-2014-05-13-at-19.38.27.png

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/analysing-the-the-fas-decision-to-rescind-the-red-card-for-newcastles-paul-dummett/

Lunged himself? No. Studs high? No. Knees touch? Yes. Suarez unaware of contact before it happens? No.

:lol:

Alright, get on with it, you haven't seen the clip recently so no point.

Alright, while I'm watching the clip as we type, you're taking a picture as evidence while also trying to remember the contact. Tons of clip around the internet, if you need help try to use a search engine.

I watched it at the time. Very slight contact then Suarez f***ing launched himself into the air. If you can't see that, then there is no help for you.

:thup: Fair enough, I wish you all luck with your elephants memory. Slight contact, so slight that the guy did his meniscus and might miss the World Cup.

Just watched it again. It is barely even a foul, he plants his left leg and takes a swing at the ball with his right foot to clear the ball, but the balls hits Suarez on the heel and rebounds in the other direction and so it is an air-shot from Dummett. Just happens to have made knee to knee contact with Suarez as he planted his left foot.

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Screen-Shot-2014-05-13-at-19.38.27.png

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/analysing-the-the-fas-decision-to-rescind-the-red-card-for-newcastles-paul-dummett/

Lunged himself? No. Studs high? No. Knees touch? Yes. Suarez unaware of contact before it happens? No.

I've re-watched it before my second post on the matter to verify my initial view. The thing that makes it look like a possible red is just the pace with which Dummett goes in, nothing else. It was clearly a foul as far as I am concerned, but that's not my point here. My point is that Suarez makes the most of it to get an opposition player sent off. That is not a judgement based on reputation, it's looking at the facts of the specific incident, which reaffirm the reputation. If that incident is the cause of his current injury it's not such a preposterous suggestion at all to suggest it might not have happened if he had attempted to "ride the challenge" to minimise the chance of an injury occurring.

I've re-watched it before my second post on the matter to verify my initial view. The thing that makes it look like a possible red is just the pace with which Dummett goes in, nothing else. It was clearly a foul as far as I am concerned, but that's not my point here. My point is that Suarez makes the most of it to get an opposition player sent off. That is not a judgement based on reputation, it's looking at the facts of the specific incident, which reaffirm the reputation. If that incident is the cause of his current injury it's not such a preposterous suggestion at all to suggest it might not have happened if he had attempted to "ride the challenge" to minimise the chance of an injury occurring.

I agree that it was never a yellow btw. I just think that he doesn't actually go looking for the foul, as he's looking for the ball. He doesn't have control for it, as for exaggeration it might have happened, I'm not 100% convinced that he throws himself into the air just to get Dummett off. I thinke veryone was surprised it was a red, it was just a lazy late challenge that warranted a yellow. I just think people judging Suarez on that are doing it based on reputation as there was contact and the spin in their does happen it that type of contact. Although I do get your point now, at the beginning I thought you meant that the knee injury was more likely to have resulted from him throwing himself into the air and injuring the knee when falling onto the grass which tbh seems impossible considering the way he fell onto the grass. I agree on most with you though :thup: I just think that it's impossible for him to seek the challenge when his eyes are purely on the ball then after contact if he throws himself or not is a much more 50/50 in my opinion. Reminds me of the Pepe challenge on Dani in the CL couple of seasons back.

Aye, we're not too far apart then. In the end, it's just a clumsy foul that may or may not have been directly responsible in part or in full for Suarez' knee injury, that may or may not keep Suarez out of (part of) the World Cup. Quite why half of Uruguay seems fit to have a go at Dummett is beyond me; it's not like he's gone out and 'done' Suarez. Point of personal satisfaction is it couldn't have happened to a "better" person in my humble opinion, the amount of times he has fucked over fellow professional football players with his antics.

From personal experience,  you can damage your meniscus without much contact. Awkward footing, slightly excessive pressure ==> lovely pain.

Tune in tomorrow when I resolve the SARS virus.

FWIW Flip, I don't think he actually goes looking for the foul, or specifically thinks "I'm going to get this guy a red", but he is clearly programmed to leap in the air and twist in agony when there's contact. It's what he does, it really is. Sure, we should look at each incident in isolation, but this "reputation" he has didn't develop in a vacuum.