Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Yeah. Just as a comparison, academy players in the past who were centre-backs (Taylor, Ramage, Edgar, Huntington...) were used as full-backs and a big reason was to get them to gain experience as they weren't ready to play at this level at centre-back.

We're now relying on someone with two Premier League sub appearances, to do the opposite to those four. That's a massive ask. If Sunderland go 4-4-2 on Sunday with Fletcher & Altidore, regardless of their fitness and shite form, they might bully us if they play direct to those two.

Dummett played most of his youth and reserve team football as a central defender.

Steven Taylor was a striker, what's your point?

Dummett is far too small to be a CB, anyway, even if he did have PL experience.

Totally. He was constantly out of position against Liverpool and we got away with it - not a chance he's a centre half. Can't believe I'm agreeing with something you say like but on this occasion I think you've got it spot on.

If Sunderland go 4-4-2 on Sunday with Fletcher & Altidore, regardless of their fitness and shite form, they might bully us if they play direct to those two.

While that's probably their best pairing up-top, it's still not enough to concern me. Their link-up play and service to the forwards has been non-existent this season and even if they have to rely on hoofball to get Fletcher-Altidore involved, we should still be able to handle this match with ease.

Dummett played most of his youth and reserve team football as a central defender.

Steven Taylor was a striker, what's your point?

Dummett is far too small to be a CB, anyway, even if he did have PL experience.

If Dummett was going to play at CB I don't think it was because anyone thought it was his best position, it's because we were running out of fit CBs. Hopefully we won't need him to play there anyway if the other two are fit.

Can't say I'm overly comfortable with the belief he'll be fine, simply because he'll 'love it'. I'd love to play, too, but I wouldn't offer much. He's a young full back, being thrust into one of the, if not the most pressurized game of our season, in a somewhat unfamiliar position. Obviously, I hope he does well, but I'll still be very worried.

Yet you still continually post on here despite 'not offering much'. Pity.

Some people thought Sammy Ameobi was going to be a star as well. Too early to say this or that regarding Dummett iyam.

Sammy is almost a year younger than Dummett. Not sure why you're bringing him up. They're both unproven with potential, no more, no less..

Some people thought Sammy Ameobi was going to be a star as well. Too early to say this or that regarding Dummett iyam.

Sammy is almost a year younger than Dummett. Not sure why you're bringing him up. They're both unproven with potential, no more, no less..

:thup:

One decent game at CB with plenty of defensive cover against 11-man Liverpool and he's a CB.

One game against Man City and he's not a LB.

That's not forgetting he has been playing LB til now minus the one game at CB, that he's 5'10", 22 years old and had only one full season playing in the SPL before this. And that general consensus during the earlier games is that he exhibits a good amount of pace.

Not a LB, is a CB. Amusing.