Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Where would Keegan rank among the current set of managers? I think he’s be the n top 10, certainly better than all the English managers. His second spell as manager has me thinking he’s quite underrated tactically.

Would imagine he would be. His ability to set up those attacking formations and man management was quite incredible. He was absolutely an elite manager then and I’m sure he’d have incorporated and utilized the data, stats, and tactics that have been developed since his days.

Same with Sir Bobby imo.

He was also fantastic in the transfer market. But yeah, his second spell playing 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2, with Owen just behind as a playmaker, beye marauding forward like Cafu. Not to mention the absolute miracle of getting That midfield trio performing like he did.

Think I would go

Pep

Klopp

Poch

Emery

Pellegrini

Keegan

So Keegan in 6th place, though you could maybe make an argument for someone like Rodgers.

• 1 month later...

Aye I guess technically it is. Was thinking more Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia when I put the original question.

Just always seems that keepers from that neck of the woods have a penchant for a) being hideous at crosses b) love a massive blunder. Was just on having seen that Muric play recently and that Stojković who was at Forest for a bit always springs too mind.

Guess Handanovic would fall in alongside Oblak too being Slovene.

• 1 month later...

Is there any reason why there were so many non-televised FA Cup games played on Sunday this weekend? There were like 9 or something all kicking off at 2pm today.

Only thing I can think of is if teams were playing on Wednesday but they do that all the time then play Saturday don't they?

They've done that with the second round games for a couple of years now. Think it's to get a bit more TV exposure as BBC have that show where they show the goals as they go in, they can't do that on a Saturday.

They've done that with the second round games for a couple of years now. Think it's to get a bit more TV exposure as BBC have that show where they show the goals as they go in, they can't do that on a Saturday.

:thup:

Didn't know about that, I'd have definitely watched if I'd known it was on.

It’s a f***ing s*** idea. The extended MOTD used to be class.

It isn’t like.

Time and preferences change

Tbh I'd prefer they were all played on the Saturday, but given that it's not (and it's unlikely to change based on my personal preference) I'd still have watched that program Wullie mentioned.

Suppose it shows how little I watch the beeb for anything these days that I was completely unaware of its existence until I read his post.