Video Assistant Referees (VAR)

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And the reason I am forced to repeat those two standpoints, is precisely because they are the only two standpoints I have made.

1. That an advantage can be gained as a result of the game being interrupted in the dying minutes.

2. That VAR has the capability of stopping the game in the dying minutes.

Revisionist history, these were your actual standpoints:

Great way to disrupt the game if somebody is getting close to an equaliser against one of the big clubs.

As for who can abuse it, I'm pretty sure those paying for the service will be able to do whatever they like.

Much more leading, clearly implying VAR will be used as a tool to aid big clubs. Which is what people have discussed as a result of your posts.

And the reason I am forced to repeat those two standpoints, is precisely because they are the only two standpoints I have made.

1. That an advantage can be gained as a result of the game being interrupted in the dying minutes.

Great way to disrupt the game if somebody is getting close to an equaliser against one of the big clubs.

As for who can abuse it, I'm pretty sure those paying for the service will be able to do whatever they like.

Much more leading, clearly implying VAR will be used as a tool to aid big clubs. Which is what people have discussed as a result of your posts.

No. Clearly pointing out that it could be. Which was my original comment, supported by the other two standpoints.

No. Clearly pointing out that it could be. Which was my original comment, supported by the other two standpoints.

Again, what people have been discussing is how unlikely the exploitation would be, because of you pointing it out - which you did.

Again, what people have been discussing is how unlikely the exploitation would be, because of you pointing it out - which you did.

Well maybe I am guilty of assumption on this occasion, because I thought they were pointing out reasons why it wasn't possible, or beneficial.

• 3 weeks later...

Not gonna go clamouring for VAR just because we've been hard done by again. The referee should absolutely have seen the offence. He was looking right at it.

And that’s the actual point, he DIDN’T see it. Refs are shit, something needs to be done.

Not gonna go clamouring for VAR just because we've been hard done by again. The referee should absolutely have seen the offence. He was looking right at it.

“Not gonna call for gun control just because we’ve had another mass shooting.”

Guest firetotheworks

And that’s the actual point, he DIDN’T see it. Refs are s***, something needs to be done.

He saw it, but what he saw was the ball hitting Perez in the face. :lol: It's a fucking joke at this point like.

VAR won’t change a thing. The referee in the VAR room will just have a different interpretation of the rules, will make shit up about their footage not catching it etc. In England our referee’s look out for one an other and look out for the FA’s agenda, someone in the room out of the way will just back them up.

You also have to remember that unless it’s something like a goal then the referee has to request for VAR feedback, Mike Dean wouldn’t have requested for feedback on the incident today because he saw what he wanted to see and made the decision that he wanted to make.

Not true. The VAR panel would have advised him to review it.

Depends how they implement it.

There is different ways of doing it.

Some where only goals, red cards, and penalties are automatically reviewed, and the referee requests feedback. Others where the incidents are always reviewed and Mike Dean would have been told to look at it. At the end of the day Mike Dean would still have been in charge of the decision and the decision was never going to change.

VAR won’t change a thing. The referee in the VAR room will just have a different interpretation of the rules, will make shit up about their footage not catching it etc. In England our referee’s look out for one an other and look out for the FA’s agenda, someone in the room out of the way will just back them up.

You also have to remember that unless it’s something like a goal then the referee has to request for VAR feedback, Mike Dean wouldn’t have requested for feedback on the incident today because he saw what he wanted to see and made the decision that he wanted to make.

I don't get the concept of 'no point in VAR because refs will still be shit'. Is it an offshoot of our club's Stockholm syndrome with Ashley? :lol:

Anything that helps to resolve the absolute joke that refereeing has become even slightly is needed imo. How there's Newcastle fans of all people still out there who think VAR isn't a good idea astounds me.

VAR won’t change a thing. The referee in the VAR room will just have a different interpretation of the rules, will make shit up about their footage not catching it etc. In England our referee’s look out for one another and look out for the FA’s agenda, someone in the room out of the way will just back them up.

I don't get the concept of 'no point in VAR because refs will still be shit'. Is it an offshoot of our club's Stockholm syndrome with Ashley? :lol:

Anything that helps to resolve the absolute joke that refereeing has become even slightly is needed imo. How there's Newcastle fans of all people still out there who think VAR isn't a good idea astounds me.

We have had a longer period of time with the referee's being shit and looking out for their own teams' agenda's than Ashley has owned us.

How many times did Winter referee us despite being a Boro fan? He also called off their match against us due to snow when there was none because Boro had key injuries.

How many times have we played a Manchester team with a referee from Manchester refereeing us? Or the same when we had a confessed Huddersfield fan refereeing us against Huddersfield and other matches that affected Huddersfield's chances of staying up or going down?

Look at when they brought in booking for diving. They only did it when the teams from outside the Sky 6 started doing it, but how often do the Sky 6 players who are the worst offenders get booked for it compared to when the smaller teams do it?

Look at when it was normal for only 1-2, or at most 3 minutes to be added on at the end of games, that was unless Man Utd needed a goal and 5-6-7 minutes were normal? They even named it Fergie time and eventually after 1 too many incidents did it start becoming more normal to see 4-5 and 6 minutes added on in-game not involving Man Utd.

Referee's in this country and the Premier League have had an agenda, an agenda to be biased towards the Sky 6 clubs, and against any other teams, they do not like, as Mike Dean does against us. They also have an agenda to stand by each other. That's why the referees aren't forced to be interviewed after games like managers and players are. That's why managers, players, and owners get fined if they dare say anything bad against a referee, and that's why the former referee they have going on TV and the radio always backs up the referee's decision.

So yes, I don't think VAR will change anything, one because it will never be clarified when an incident is looked at with VAR, if the referee can dismiss being told he was wrong, and the age-old excuse of (It's how he interpreted the law). Mike Dean today eventually and reluctantly walked over to Perez who was down with a head injury, had blood coming out of his nose, and told him he had been elbowed, and his response was 'The ball hit you'.

Do any of you ever think these cunts will ever change and won't use new technology to their advantage?   

“Not gonna call for gun control just because we’ve had another mass shooting.”

the point is it shouldn't take technology to spot something like that, for the richest league in the world at the moment the refs are unbelievably shit and nothing is being done to correct it and I have no faith VAR will fix it because it will still be those morons involved anyway.

Did anyone here watch the World Cup- any serious incidents are brought to the refs attention, he then has to re look at it or take their advice.

Last night we 100% would have had a pen

Why in any world that would be a bad thing I really don’t know

Did anyone here watch the World Cup- any serious incidents are brought to the refs attention, he then has to re look at it or take their advice.

Last night we 100% would have had a pen

Why in any world that would be a bad thing I really don’t know

Probably the same people who hate goal line tech.

You have tech out there to help improve the game and take out human error in GOV the game. The whole point of rules set is to have them provide fair results. When human eyes can’t see all and videos can help - use it. Fucking idiotic not to. Arguments against it are worthless