The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Bale really is superb at the moment.

He'll get a move to a big club soon enough.

He's already there, brummie. He's already there.

Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Lionel Messi: 15 goals in 13 appearances this season. :lol:

I don't know if I've watched slightly less Spanish football this season or the fact I don't have SSN anymore, or whatever it is, but I haven't heard AS much about him. It's just accepted he's going to be utterly insane. :lol:

I don't know if I've watched slightly less Spanish football this season or the fact I don't have SSN anymore, or whatever it is, but I haven't heard AS much about him. It's just accepted he's going to be utterly insane. :lol:

Yeah it's pretty much expected that he's going to score shitloads. :laugh:

Yeah it's pretty much expected that he's going to score shitloads. :laugh:

He's such a massive show off.

Guest firetotheworks

The gap in quality between Messi and Ronaldo, and then whoever you want to say is 3rd best in the world is absolutely staggering.

Valdes vs N'Doye!

http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagenes/2010/11/02/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1288731003_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

Fucking hell, flying shin to the face then Puyol coming in with a thai roundhouse kick to his thigh. Don't fuck with barca.

Guest firetotheworks

The gap in quality between Messi and Ronaldo, and then whoever you want to say is 3rd best in the world is absolutely staggering.

Over the last two league seasons, Drogba has scored 35 in less than 40 appearances. He's close as far as statistics will take you.

Hmm.

Over the last two league seasons, Drogba has scored 35 in less than 40 appearances. He's close as far as statistics will take you.

Hmm.

Not all players are goal scorers though. Xavi & Iniesta por example.

Fixed. :)

I was thinking that myself.

I also agree that people like Xavi and Iniesta are arguably in the same bracket.

Agreed Messi is the one, everyone else is just a cheap whore in comparison.

It's harder to eliminate Ronaldo from a game, though. His freekicks and physical attributes makes sure of that. Ronaldo and Drogba are, imo, the two players that will do well no matter who are what they are playing with. Ronaldo and various animals would stilll be likely to threaten.

Messi is better, though.

Guest firetotheworks

It's blatantly not like. A while ago I would have agreed, but Ronaldo's took it to another level really. When he's not pissing about and just goes for it without all the wankery he's just as devastating as Messi in his influence and pretty much the complete footballer. Every player below them is nowhere near their level.

It's blatantly not like. A while ago I would have agreed, but Ronaldo's took it to another level really. When he's not pissing about and just goes for it without all the wankery he's just as devastating as Messi in his influence and pretty much the complete footballer.

I was slightly joking with but personally I'd have Messi fairly comfortably ahead of Ronaldo. Not miles ahead or owt, as Ronaldo is very effective at what he does (and is a different type of player to Messi really) but I still think Messi is absolutely numero uno.

Guest firetotheworks

It's blatantly not like. A while ago I would have agreed, but Ronaldo's took it to another level really. When he's not pissing about and just goes for it without all the wankery he's just as devastating as Messi in his influence and pretty much the complete footballer.

I was slightly joking with but personally I'd have Messi fairly comfortably ahead of Ronaldo. Not miles ahead or owt, as Ronaldo is very effective at what he does (and is a different type of player to Messi really) but I still think Messi is absolutely numero uno.

Oh aye, me too. I just dont think the gap is anywhere near what it was in 2008. Think about who you'd have 3rd though, that can really BE a football match, and not just influence it. Xavi does that, but he's the composer. Messi and Ronaldo are the whole thing when they need to be. No one is near them, no one.

Oh aye, me too. I just dont think the gap is anywhere near what it was in 2008. Think about who you'd have 3rd though, that can really BE a football match, and not just influence it. Xavi does that, but he's the composer. Messi and Ronaldo are the whole thing when they need to be. No one is near them, no one.

Gazza Bale surely?