Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Guest hobshobs

What a bizarre way of looking at things.  Saying that the 2008/09 team was decent enough on paper and shouldn't have been relegated as some sort of f***ed up justification for making your case for Pardew?  Somehow this empowers Pardew because he avoided relegation by the skin of his nutsack?

Some people need to learn some simple basica programming to understand simple cause and effect algorithms.

Read all the posts before replying, please. Don't tell me you agree with hobshobs that relegation was not the lowest point in recent times.

When did I say anywhere that relegation was not the lowest point? I've never even mentioned relegation on here. You seem to make a lot of things up to suit your own agenda Mr Zero. As I said earlier ZERO up top in your case.

Add to that we've still got the worst manager I've ever come across following The Toon.

You've followed us for 45 years and think Souness, McGarry, Roeder, Charlton and Allardyce were better than Pardew?

I think you're letting a poor season blind you to reason mind.

Guest Brendan_Rice

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4931927/Alan-Pardew-interested-in-signing-striker-Andy-Carroll.html

ALAN PARDEW admits he would be interested in bringing Andy Carroll back to Tyneside.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alan-pardew-wont-bring-andy-1904587

No going back: Alan Pardew not interested in Andy Carroll return to Newcastle

:lol:

:D they just make this shit up

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4931927/Alan-Pardew-interested-in-signing-striker-Andy-Carroll.html

ALAN PARDEW admits he would be interested in bringing Andy Carroll back to Tyneside.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alan-pardew-wont-bring-andy-1904587

No going back: Alan Pardew not interested in Andy Carroll return to Newcastle

Guess Dekka told him he was "avin a larf" if he thought we were going to spend 15million on a player.

Guest hobshobs

Add to that we've still got the worst manager I've ever come across following The Toon.

You've followed us for 45 years and think Souness, McGarry, Roeder, Charlton and Allardyce were better than Pardew?

Souness, McGarry, Roeder, Charlton and Allardyce did not have squads that were 100% set up to play football on the deck like we are now. In the majority of cases they had squads that only enabled them to play in the way that Pardew is making our squad play now.

We are 'OFFICIALLY' the long ball kings in the Premier League this season. It's a crying shame that he is making us play the way we are with the squad we have and that is why for me he is the worst ever. Most of the managers you mentioned had nowhere near the level of player he has at his disposal.

One poor season with us, OK would give you that. What about the other poor seasons at other clubs. He's a dud.

Guest neesy111

Another reason not to sign him is that he is very injury prone.  Out till august apparently.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/10074584/Liverpool-striker-Andy-Carroll-weighs-up-West-Ham-United-move-as-Newcastle-United-balk-at-15m-fee.html

Carroll was the subject of a successful bid from West Ham following the end of his season-long loan at Upton Park and as he mulls over making that deal permanent it is understood that he would welcome a return to St James’ Park.

That avenue is closed unless Newcastle match West Ham’s offer, something it is understood they are not willing to do. Contrary to suggestions on Wednesday, they do retain an interest in the 24-year-old, whom they sold to Liverpool for £35 million in Jan 2011 and made protracted attempts to re-sign on loan last summer. But they value the striker at around half the fee agreed between Liverpool and West Ham.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/10074584/Liverpool-striker-Andy-Carroll-weighs-up-West-Ham-United-move-as-Newcastle-United-balk-at-15m-fee.html

Carroll was the subject of a successful bid from West Ham following the end of his season-long loan at Upton Park and as he mulls over making that deal permanent it is understood that he would welcome a return to St James’ Park.

That avenue is closed unless Newcastle match West Ham’s offer, something it is understood they are not willing to do. Contrary to suggestions on Wednesday, they do retain an interest in the 24-year-old, whom they sold to Liverpool for £35 million in Jan 2011 and made protracted attempts to re-sign on loan last summer. But they value the striker at around half the fee agreed between Liverpool and West Ham.

I do too tbf.

An alternative to Carroll for Newcastle is St Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang but Alan Pardew wants to add players with Premier League experience to his squad and would wlcome the chance to work with Carroll again.

:fuuu: :fuuu: :fuuu:

I do too tbf.

If he is going to be out for 4 months then he will miss pre-season which will mean he will struggle to catch up for the rest of next season.  I wonder if that will cause West Ham to defer the deal or re-negotiate the fee.

Souness, McGarry, Roeder, Charlton and Allardyce did not have squads that were 100% set up to play football on the deck like we are now. In the majority of cases they had squads that only enabled them to play in the way that Pardew is making our squad play now.

We are 'OFFICIALLY' the long ball kings in the Premier League this season. It's a crying shame that he is making us play the way we are with the squad we have and that is why for me he is the worst ever. Most of the managers you mentioned had nowhere near the level of player he has at his disposal.

One poor season with us, OK would give you that. What about the other poor seasons at other clubs. He's a dud.

Souness inherited Bobby's squad and SBR had them playing decent enough stuff.

edit:  Our long ball stats did improve in the 2nd half of the season.  We were ahead of Stoke as a percentage of passes that were long balls for the first half of the season.

Need to find a balance, between price, availability and suitability. Won't happen, though.

Meaning we should spend £15m on an injury prone scruff or?

He isn't injury prone. Even based on his West Ham form Carroll would absolutely stroll into our side and look bloody good in it.

Need to find a balance, between price, availability and suitability. Won't happen, though.

Meaning we should spend £15m on an injury prone scruff or?

He isn't injury prone. Even based on his West Ham form Carroll would absolutely stroll into our side and look bloody good in it.

I disagree.  I could imagine Pardew continuing with his 4-2-3-1 which would mean Cisse being shunted out onto the right again as happened when Shola / Ba were in that role.  Even if we played a 4-4-2 to accommodate him then it'd be punted balls at his head except this time there's no Barton to deliver them and no Nolan to feed off the scraps and support him in the box.

And anyway, Leo Messi wouldn't look good in our side the way we're playing.