The other games today 2018/19

Greg

I remember losing 22-0 once at u13 level. We were chuffed when we lost the return fixture 8-0.

My weekend job at school was at Homebase who had a footy team. The first and only game we played while I was there we won 27 or 28 to 3, and the ref blew the whistle about 20 minutes early. I knew that me and the goalie played county football, but I hadn't realized that three other guys played semi-pro :lol:. Nobody would play us after that.

They may be a lowly amateur side, but looking at the state of the goals you have to think something's off there. Even an amateur side will be able to carry out the basics, and not just stand and let the ball go for tap in after tap in. Or in the keeper's case, dive out of the way of the ball on a number of occasions.

There were also a number of huge scores in Italy. Torino, Genoa, Fiorentina, Samp, Udinese all scored 10 or more, some of which were against cobbled-together representive sides rather than actual clubs. Convenient.

They may be a lowly amateur side, but looking at the state of the goals you have to think something's off there. Even an amateur side will be able to carry out the basics, and not just stand and let the ball go for tap in after tap in. Or in the keeper's case, dive out of the way of the ball on a number of occasions.

There were also a number of huge scores in Italy. Torino, Genoa, Fiorentina, Samp, Udinese all scored 10 or more, some of which were against cobbled-together representive sides rather than actual clubs. Convenient.

This happens every year. Most Italian clubs warm up with early friendlies against what are essentially pub/village sides near where their training camps are, and run up huge scores. There's nothing dodgy about it, but it is a largely pointless exercise other than for fitness.

I'd imagine the side Everton played are basically the team in the neighbouring village to their training camp.